Sign in to follow this  
roger

mutation

Two quotes by Krishnamurti are:

"Time cannot bring about mutation."

"Can you put your whole being into finding out what love is?"

He taught, as probably most of you know, that through observation- the choiceless awareness of the contents of one's consciousness, we can find freedom from thought in which love has its being.

I haven't really practiced that teaching, but the two quotes above apply to me.

There came a time when I had a virtually fanatical desire to "know what love is". I tried so hard to express love to people, I wanted to be "good"- loving, and I had this deep-seated sense that there was a love that I needed to find. I searched for it passionately for about three years, and on a spiritual retreat, I finally found what I was looking for. I didn't find enlightenment, but I'm sure that I had what Krishnamurti calls "mutation".

"Time cannot bring about mutation."

For me, time brought about the readiness for mutation.

On the retreat, I opened my heart wide, I mean WIDE, it was like all the love of my divine nature came pouring out of me. It wasn't a choice, it happened spontaneously. A light went on in my head, what Krishnamurti calls a "destructive flash"- I found love.

I was a completely different person afterwards, it was truly a "mutation". A female friend of mine told my ex-girlfriend, "He's so different!"

Imagine if a person you know well took on the personality of someone else you know well. That would be like mutation. It's like you're a different person.

Edited by roger
  • Like 1

I use the words "transmutate" and "tramsmutation" often but the way I use it is as close as I will ever get to acknowledging the concept of reincarnation.

Your usage of mutation is valid. 

But then, in your next to last paragraph you indicated the you mutated and lost your girl-friend.  I don't know if that was good.

• Like 1

when people change, really change, old friends tend to loosen their ties.

because the friend that was, is not there anymore.

her/his characteristics have changed too much.

it's a sort of lonely process, although new friends tend to come up after a time.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this