Sign in to follow this  
Karl

Karlonomics and Opportunity costs

So anyhow, Karl, I agree with that last post of yours in the "Climate Chaos" thread but I will allow that thread to return to its topic and will talk about national debt and economics here in this thread.

• Like 1

Cloudhands asks:

I want to answer about tide and sandcastle. I never saw a sandcastle lasting for 80 years if we take le front populaire as a start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_Front_(France)#Labor_laws 

Then to the last news I have the incoming tides that worry me are the -always rising- power of multinational trusts which are the true thieves, and the ecological disaster both are results from I call savage capitalism.

Cloudhands asks:

Tax evasion, whilst considered illegal, is a perfectly rational response to coercive theft.

I doubt anyone would argue that a woman of childbearing age should be utilised as a vessel for increasing the population; that certain groups that are 'unloved' should have access to the facility in order that they aren't deprived of sexual congress and of having children.

Yet this is exactly what coercive taxation is. Force is used to steal productive effort and redistribute to those who are less productive, for the purposes of 'fairness' or 'the common good'.

There is no clear definition for 'ecological disaster' there are degrees of unwarranted pollution caused by bad actors, but these ecological disasters are not something devoid of mankind, but directly involving mankind as victims. An ecological disaster can occur without man doing anything at all.

When Vesuvius exploded and reduced Pompei to an Ashfield it destroyed homes, production, farmland crops and the fishing industry.

The ecological disaster is the destruction of something of value to man on a wide scale, in the sense that it prevents, either temporarily, or permanently, any further use of those resources. In this regard the nuclear reactor disaster in Russia (Government) the dropping of nuclear bombs on Japan (Government), the testing of nuclear bombs that have created areas which humans cannot live (Government), the use of Anthrax on a remote Scottish Island which will no longer be for human habitation (Government), the recent Gulf of Mexico oil spill which was caused by the government forcing the rigs into deep water then issuing licenses and regulations that were insufficiently robust for deep water drilling (Government), the use of depleted Uranium projectiles in Iraq which requires a difficult clean up operation and has left many soldiers seriously unwell (Government), the drought in California caused by the granting of farm subsidies for irrigation ( Government), the destruction of buffalo herds due to the Government paying to have the buffalo shot by trappers.

Instead of it being aggressive capitalism, what we are seeing is the reality of Governments as agents with the monopoly of force. Force has only one unpleasant task to perform and that is the defence of inaliable rights, in that respect violence does not cause any gain in value, it merely prevents the theft/destruction of value. To allow the Government to do anything other than protect these basic rights is to invite a rain of destruction on everyone and anything it applies it's tools of force. Whether that be the use of eminent domain to construct pipelines across private property, explode atom bombs in deserts, or give licenses for deep sea oil drilling.

I'm reminded of a bible passage when the forth seal was broken behold a pale horse and riding it was death and all hell followed with him. I see the horse as the nation of people, laissez faire capitalism and the rider is the Government.

Here I sit ready for a feisty discussion and all you do is present information that I was already in agreement with.

The foundation of any castle should be something firm with a long life span.  Debt is the opposite of this concept.  Government corruption for the benefit of the wealthy is opposite of this concept.

Productivity is supportive of this concept.  Welfare of any kind is counter-productive.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this