Chi Boy

Best Self Taught Yoga Approach

So I am interested in a self taught yoga method that would help me gain flexibility and peace of mind and for a better meditation posture as well as something that would keep me limber for other forms of exercise.

I've been considering starting with Yogani's Asana's book cause it seems simple and I won't have much time on my hands this year. I also am considering "Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya" by Satananda Saraswati. Seems like a complete guide and I like a lot of its other content about cold showers, neti pots, etc This book seems a lot more time consuming to follow and some have even deemed it dangerous to practice such tantric routines without a guru present.

Anybody farmiliar with these texts?

Edited by Chi Boy

I've read some very negative things about "Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya" on amazon.

One guy said it gave him problems and that it doesn't teach true kriya yoga.

"Kriya Secrets Revealed" by J.C. Stevens is supposed to be much better from what I've heard.

But then again, I'm not speaking from my own experience, that's just what others have said.