Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Muhammad Ali getting tossed like a rag doll

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mmm-hmmm. Your martial arts knowledge and a quarter will buy a cup of coffee.

I know there are guys like you out there, who've spent decades honestly slogging away, only to never learn anything of great value. I feel for you. I don't know what to say about it, but I feel for you.

Seriously, man, I think some of the better internal martial artists on the board are avoiding arguing with you because they're afraid they won't be able to take you seriously in a general sense. I know I can, though. I'm sure you have lots of intelligent things to say on other subjects...just not Chinese martial arts.

I can't help but mention that there are at least 2 or 3 guys here (probably more like 6 or 8) who personally know people who could easily wipe the mat with the best of the UFC crowd. Like I said, I think I could hold my own. My teacher could kill any of them in about 1/3 of a second, I shit ye not. :lol: Those guys are wasting their time rolling around and beating the hell out of each other. You want skills? The UFC is not the best place. Not the worst, but not the best.

Oh wow. 35 years? Wow. Poor guy. Oh man.

You know, I've reconsidered what I said and I think that you are 100% correct.

Thank you - I feel much better now.

:)

I've never been aware of this story before. My brother says that this happened the night before Ali was to fight Andre the Giant, but the fight got cancelled after Ali got owned. Apparently, Ali got angry about how staged the match was, but it didn't follow that he could have beat the guy.

Starts at 2:00:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s4OiBbEditM

My brother said that Ali's portion wasn't staged. I can believe it... I can't see Ali's ego consenting to go down so shamefully at the very height of his career (1 year after his Foreman victory).

Keep in mind that it was the 70s, the Vietnam war might have been going on, he said f-u to the draft and paid for it financially. His ego might have had to take a backseat to putting food on the table.

Sign in to follow this