dwai

The ear of the ear, eye of the eye, mind of the mind, speech of the speech and life of the life

What kind of immortality is Swami Paramananda talking about?  In Taoism there's are different kinds of immortality.

Also is he pointing to the world as Mara?  Or is his meaning elsewhere? 

In my understanding, He is referring to realization of the Immortal Brahman/Atman. The world is a result of Maya.

AFAIK, Mara is a buddhist concept (of an entity that seeks to derail sadhana/practice of serious seekers by appearing or manifesting as various temptations). In Vedanta, we don't need such a temptress, as Maya herself is the greatest temptress :)

• Like 1

Dear Prasanna,

You got your apology which was sincere. This is a public forum and anyone is free to post anything they like.

Life is too short to waste on this squabbling. Please accept the apology and move on.

While it is unclear to me what offended you, I still offered you the apology because it was not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings. But if you persist in this vein, you are merely proving 3Bob's views (who I've interacted with for many years and I do know to be a good person).

I will delete the off topic posts from this thread if this issue persists. So please, cease and desist from anymore conflict.

Hari Om Tat Sat.

Dwai, Where do you think 3Bob apologized. Can you show me where? I have not seen anything of that sort till now. If there were such a sincere apology, do you think I would waste my time squabbling as you worded it? If you want to remove the off topic posts you should have done it earlier when 3Bob gave all his insults to me. You were watching it  and still haven't done anything about it. If you are warning me, then you don't know what you are saying because you are blinded by your many years of friendship with 3bob. I don't need your apology and if at all there was an apology from 3bob, it is too late from him. As a person who instigated this nonsense and as a person who oversaw the  seriousness of the wrongs committed here, you both will pay your karmas, I don't need to do anything. Thank you. I will not participate in this discussion anymore which has been posted and continued by a person like you. Don't worry I will not disturb you anymore.

Pranam.