from a very thick book by thibideau

look at your posterior side of your right hand-or left is you want

begin by bending the index finger at the condyle

leave the finger that contains the bones triquetrum

and the trapezoid extended

the other two fingers fold at the condyles

and smile

Edited by sagebrush

It is interesting that you can give a straight answer when I make a mistake. But the rest of your comments seem disjointed and inappropriate.

I can advocate for you and give you a referral. Or call your nearest police department for you because you seem delusional and distressed. I am concerned that you are on top of whatever, and you will be telling me you are a bird and you just took a crap, and now what to fly down fast enough under it so that you can feel its affect e.g. a load of crap. :)

no, the shape of the state that I reside in is WV

if you spread out your hand-

bend the pointer finger

leave the middle finger extended

then bend the last two

turn your hand over to face you now.

it is not meant to be inappropriate-it is not the middle finger-not eluding to that-but yes it is in the thoughts-

it is the shape of the state I live in.

ok-

spent time outside and no need to call the police????????

delusional-no

just hyper connective with channels of art.

I spent the day in nature-

lots of beautiful photos...I will post later.

extraordinary

disjointed at times yes----

delusional-briefly under mental duress.

I hate to go on and on about myself but I am going to say that the photos are extraordinary!!!!

a great place to loose myself and submerge myself into the world around me.

went to the hidden beaver pond(my secret)

it rained hard

could not relax

but the sound of the rain was great

I balanced on a dead tree snag---over a pond(beaver house)

the pond is layered with these tiny green things in bloom

so the whole top layer looks green

like a chia pet

I finally sat on the snag

and let the rain soak my legs and shorts

I had my camera under my rain jacket

not much action at the pond and I was not settled...but it was refreshing to allow the rain on me.

I left to go to a cave where there is a waterfall.

yes! it was getting better..

stretching my legs, walking a wide field to get there

took lots of photos there...the curvature of cave roof and the water coming over the edge and a vine hanging off the side

I saw a crawfish completely out of its hole

wished I could have snapped that photo-

too fast.

then I left -

no longer raining

took a walk back down the field noticed a mowed swatch of a path---

and the day kept getting more beautiful photos.

I zero'd in on a leaf holes in it...one was the shape of a heart--took lots of those-

gorgeous

scared  two deer and took a long shot of one it turning back around to rest.

saw Japanese bettles...in different groupings mostly looking like they were mating

dragonflies, variety of winged bugs on a milkweed pod.

I skirt the edge of the wide field once I turned back around from the mowed path.

lots more dragonfly photos....beautiful wet rocks in stream bed

circumnavigated a pond twice

more dragonflies

lots of colors, style, shape

I took a great photo of one then the reflection of its shadow in the water.

so beautiful-

snapping turtle--his nose was facing opposite of me in the water and I did take picture.

there was something odd about the photo though-

I think a fish hook?

it looked metallic and nothing I have seen before-the angle was weird.

a spider skimming over some pond grasses

they say you have to take 50 shots to get a great one-

50 of mine were WINNERS

I am modest too.

I just have the EYE for it.

my new hobby along with gentle yoga.

tempted to take tomorrow off again.

if I was delusional would I be able to call police department?

the only thing I have mentioned about a bird was environmental effects because the male cardinal has no feathers in his cap.

sadly enough, I saw a second one today...so there is some bad chemicals I am sure they are accidentally ingesting or maybe a mite disease...I don't know.

wait...photos this morning too.

a split eared squarrel

chipmonk----stuffing its jaws with seeds *you*

FUN!!!!!

damn shut me up!

I have loaded up $90 of vitamins

Vitamin D-

Gaia brand was not available I had to switch brands to bluebonnet! :-)

next thing  you know I will be fit enough to push the pram in a straight line down mulberry street!

yes probably all the above-

I caught myself in a moment of joy and I am willing to share it:

I was making my way up the steps this morning and found myself using my two hands to climb the steps very quickly--so on all fours

I had my arms inwardly rotated so my fingers faced themselves.

this was a natural frog

and at times I enjoy being silly when under severe distress mentally--

try it-

and don't laugh :wacko::P

Whatever floats your boat and makes you happy. Probably should work on reducing your stress by working on one thing at a time. Humor is a great stress reliever, even when we laugh at ourselves. Stress will help to spill cortico steroids into your blood stream, and over time it can compromise your heart. Eustress is good. But extended stress is harmful and can be fatal.

• Like 1

not heard of eustress before.

I woke startled to the sound of something breaking early this morning-

my first thoughts of what it was-

some kind of bubble with the sound of a breaking teacup in it--- :wacko: active imagintation

then I remembered that I put a bird bath out with it filled with bird seed and that this was tipped over-

peered out the window and the raccoon was fleeing the scene.

• Like 1

Please share with me what it is that you think about the most. What is renting space in your head most of the day? This is what is stressing you. It seems that you want something.

Edited by Jim D.

why do you get to ask the questions?

not being rude or disrespectful.

not intending to

there is nothing I think about the most-everyday stressors like taxes, money, paying rent bills, getting new truck, opening 529 for college

people I have met along the way

why do you get to ask the questions?

not being rude or disrespectful.

not intending to

there is nothing I think about the most-everyday stressors like taxes, money, paying rent bills, getting new truck, opening 529 for college

people I have met along the way

I don't get to ask the questions, I just ask them and wait for the answer. If there is no answer, I may ask again. If no answer, I won't ask the same question again. I will express an response about the person's feelings not answering the quesion, or I may not. Depending on how I think that my response will be received.

I looks like you have a lot on your plate. My advice is to prioritize your stressors and approach them one by one, thus reducing or eliminating your stress and thereby giving yourself a feeling of control or empowerment over your environment.

You may ask me questions. :)

• Like 1

I sort of agree with you but then I think that it would be best to try to "cultivate" fun. then from having some joyous times I will be ready to take on my list of procrastinations...mostly worldly crap like taxes-long overdue. I have made it much more difficult by avoidance.

so joyous times-how to create that? ok simple.

perseid meteor showers.thursday/friday

• Like 2

I agree that good mental health is to have a balance in your life. I would be very happy to fax you a list of "77 things creative things to do" that will cost nothing for you to do these things.

As far as your tax problem, if it is a matter of not having the money to have someone do it, try Turbo Tax and do it yourself. If you are behind on tax years and you own them money, call the IRS and set up a payment plan. No matter the problem, just making the decision to get into action will reduce your stress considerably. So, just get into action and start enjoy being in charge of it.

BTW, try not to eat the frosting on the cake first. This could be a way to avoid responsiblity which is stressfull. I have learned over the years that Discipline is the way to Serenity. :)

a list of 77? that is funny!

first large crack in my smile today!

thank you!!

now why not 78 creative things? or 71?

I do not think I need a list of that many creative things to do--let me rattle off ten

top of my head

sycamore tree bark art

more photography

write a children's book -;)

frame my maps  collected from various travels or bucket list travel destinations(usa)unaccomplished mountains

seasonal wreath making out of balsam fir limbs

hunt for wasps nests

collect more fossils hunt for fossils

sneak up on the beaver take photos

drive my mother to church

create an incredible meal for my son

write a poem about ......

paint the interior of downstairs a different color

go visit my neighbor with parkensons in care facility

print my logo/card

not 77 but easy enough to pull things together

meditate:-)

I have visited a tax preparer-accountant fellow Jay several months ago-he gave me hope that it is doable!

he is open to solving the dilemma at a lesser price than my other tax man-

ok I like that though yes-discipline is the way to serenity

how about 77 ways to serenity? :-)

in case discipline goes a little longer by the way side.........

ok any problems of your own that I can assist you with? wife? peace of mind? spiritual prosperity? looks like topics for the cover of Vogue magazine!

• Like 1

Excellent list of things to do that won't cost you anything. Now lets get started...now lets get into action. I happy that you did something about the tax problem. My tax person does our taxes which include joint taxes and my business for $175.00 a year. I make it easy for her because I have created a business spread sheat on Open Office by Apache which is free. I add up my expense rows for each line item, print it and take it to her, along with my W-9 from the Insurance Panels I belong to, and my wife's W-2's. Jackie our Account,  just plugs in the numbers into her Illinois Tax Program. Having a home office is a real advantage in that my expenses out run my income, so we have been getting back a significant return for the last two years. I have an Intuitive feeling about how much to earn and how much to spend.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now me. I am 70 years old and have struggle with this idea of a Higher Power. Organized religion has been a waste of time for me, and unhealthy. But what I am concluding is this: No matter what we call what is, man has been driven to believe in something, even if it is in nothing inorder to avoid the existential truth that there is no after life. I don't think that man has the ability to face this truth in a disciplined manner. It would be too much to carry especailly after looking at the time they wasted on nothing. But what if me or you decide to quit naming what cannot be named as it is recommended in the TTC. Then what.

Because we have conceptual cognition we must first choose to live, but we don't often have the choice to die unless our lives are no longer of sufficient value to continue, which means that circumstances have become overwhelmingly bad-which is a position we would rather not consider. Pain or death is what it comes down to-either physical or, mental pain and anguish.

Oblivion isn't easy for a human, sure we want 'out' of a painful, unsustainable place, but annihalation of our consciousness seems unreasonably drastic. Yet, every night we fall into bed and many of us do precisely that, without a moments concern. If we have an operation we want to be anaesthetised so we feel nothing at all, a full anaesthetic is fairly close to the state of death, yet we accept it and we accept the anaesthetist who sends us to oblivion with full surety that we will wake at the end, but the final thought, that perhaps we won't wake up, but that we won't know anything about it anyway.

It's a funny relationship we have with death. I don't fear death at all, but I fear the circumstances leading up to death. I've had some nasty pains-a kidney stone was sufficient to have me begging for oblivion after two hours of rolling around in a small tent during a camping trip to the wilds. Probably why I don't care much for camping these days. I fear all kinds of disease and disability, yet I go out and ride my motorcycle until the tyres a worn to the edges knowing that the risk is high that I can have an accident-but in a sense this is an antidote to the potential of a grindingly slow illness.

Anyway, thought I would share :-) I don't believe in a life after death in any sense or form and anyway it would be like a band doing one encore too many of a song no one much cared for, I feel I may be forced to boo.

• Like 1

This is for sagebrush: I was referring to Tao Te Ching. I don't like letters. They can mislead people.

This is for Karl: Bravo, Stellar answer. I got a real glimpse of you. Very confident response. Grounded.

• Like 1

:ph34r:A few minutes ago I got a pop up on the computer-

ever since I was "Krishnafied" I coincidentally have had computer problems.

oddly enough salt dolls-

I got a pop up this morning(not an erection) I am referring to on screen pop up box

it says: user account control-

do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?

what you doin?

Hal is that you? :)

Edited by sagebrush

Sagebrush, when I am downloading a program let's say from Microsoft, I am asked if I want to make changes to my program. Most times the phrase "make changes" alerts me and I will say no.

Sign in to follow this