Sign in to follow this  
mithrandir

Hello and hola!

Hi everybody thanks for letting be a part of your community. My name is David and I'm a 40 year old graphic artist from the Bronx who wants to learn more about the Dao. I currently practice Yin Fu Bagua, a little Tai chi and do Zhan Zhuang and Mantra meditation as well as forms and some bagua circle walking. I learned the kungfu from my younger brother who is pretty amazing. He starting teaching me about 3 years ago. Growing up he used to say that I was a Daoist and didn't even know it. I didn't even really know what a Daoist was but after training I realized it was something that I was looking for (and needed) my whole life. I'm a humble student and looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing to the forum.

David

• Like 1

Hello mithrandir, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi David,

Nice that you were able to learn from your younger brother.  Yes, share with us and ask when you have a question.  Don't be bashful.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Thanks guys! @ Old Chi I don't know who Christopher Paolini, is I got my name from the Lord of the Rings. Mithrandir is Gandalf's elven name and it means Grey Pilgrim.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this