Sign in to follow this  
samsarictravelling

Just came to ask one question about a book I'm searching for.

Hi,

I know a bit about Taoism since I was in my early teens (was into martial arts and Far Eastern philosphy). I rarely use the internet at all nowadays, just came back on the internet after a long time away. So if I get a reply message, I might not check for a long time. Thanks in advance for your answer, if any, to this question of mine, because I might not go back on the internet for a long time.

Before I ask my question, I have to say I am a Theravada buddhist (and even longer than being a Theravada buddhist, I was born into a buddhist family of another type of buddhism).

My question:

I saw in a public library (about eight or so years ago -- but the book could have been published much earlier than that) a book that may have been an autobiography (don't remember if it was translated into English by another person, or not). This book was about the life experiences of a (possibly) Taoist energy healer possibly from China. The one experience/story I remember reading from this book was this energy healer had a grudge or something, on an official/someone of high rank in society, who later asked him to help heal him of a sickness. To get revenge on the official -- but the healer would still heal him at the same time -- the healer said part of the healing needs the official to smell his feet, which was a lie. So the official did smell the healer's feet in the healing sessions, thinking it was essential for the healing, though that was untrue. Still, the official got healed because the healer of course used his energy healing in the sessions. I think that was how the story went and ended. Can anyone tell me what book this is from?

Thanks in advance,

samsarictravelling

Hello samsarictravelling, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi sam,

You may well get the information you are looking for.  There are a number of members here who are into that kind of literature.  (I'm not one of them though.)

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

BTW  You might want to start a separate thread with your request.  Newcomer's Corner, or Daoist Discussions, or maybe Daoist Textual Studies.

This Welcome sub-forum doesn't get read by many of our members.

BTW  You might want to start a separate thread with your request.  Newcomer's Corner, or Daoist Discussions, or maybe Daoist Textual Studies.

This Welcome sub-forum doesn't get read by many of our members.

Lmao! Welcome to TTB. :)

ok :)

Sign in to follow this