Bindi

Differences between Prana/Qi and kundalini

I don't think prana/Qi is a stepped down form of kundalini, I'll try to list some reasons for this, and see how they hold up under scrutiny...

Prana/Qi primarily creates and fills the three dantians and central nadi's, starting with jing which is not kundalini.   

Kundalini on the other hand works primarily with the chakra system, clearing obstacles from the root to the crown. I don't think dantians exist in kundalini cultivation. 

A spiritual body is created and nurtured in the dantians with Prana/Qi, kundalini doesn't create a discrete spiritual body that is raised and nurtured within. Perhaps kundalini cultivation may be associated with an energy body outside of the physical body.

Edited by Bindi
  • Like 1

“I know that Taoism works with Chi rather than Kundalini, but what is the relationship between them? Is it possible to convert one to the other?

I ask because I was born with my Kundalini channels (mostly) open and have access to huge amounts of energy, but I can't seem to do anything useful with it other than transcend spacetime. This is not a joke; if you have not discovered this, you should know that there are types of energy that can be used for this and that and other types that do nothing, or seem to do nothing. I also have "controls" in my head that I can seemingly adjust, but I don't know what they do, except in one or two cases.

... Dealing with this is the primary struggle in my life and the pole around which all else rotates.

… the fundamental problem - having a huge engine that has no connection to my transmission. That is, I have this and other Yogic phenomena in my life, from past lives or God knows where, but I have not been able to integrate it into my day to day life at all. I have complicated the problem by being so frantic as to try almost anything that I thought would help, so I have activated various parts of myself out of the proper sequence and muddied the Waters, or perhaps mixed smoke into the Fire.”

http://www.energyarts.com/forum/kundalini-and-chi

In my experience, Kundalini is what "happens" when you become attuned enough to become aware of the Intelligence permeating ALL energy. The universe is pregnant with Intelligence.

You can tell the people who have it because they surrender to the Intelligence. They stop treating their energy cultivation as if they were doing a controlled set of pushups, freaking out about proper form and perfect diet and not "losing" energy. Instead there's an understanding that they're housing an infinite Intelligent Energy who flows in and out of them at will and they would do best to surrender, listen, and have fun.

• Like 1