Sign in to follow this  
Shad282

Vipassana, Taoism and Reiki.

I have sent you detailed explanation of the whole practice and the instruction given and everything i could remember about the technique, if you have any question, please don't hesitate to ask!

hmmm, since you have knowledge in HT and vipassana.. i was having some kinda of pain and uncomfortable sensation in the throat at the adam's apple and it kinda arises and become strong when i focus on it during vipassana and give it awareness of allowing and accepting it as it is and such... and sometimes it grows.. not sure if it is some sensitivity arising to some food or energy stagnation.

Do you have any way on how to look into it?

Hey yeah i got your message thanks, just didn't see you reply on this topic for a while before so i messaged you. Thanks. I haven't been on here for a while too so sorry for the slow reply.

I get a bit of an uncomfortable sensation at my throat sometimes too. Especially if i increase my qigong practice quantity quickly.  My throat is like the controlling point for me, changing or controlling sensations, or chi energy sensations. If i keep my mind clear, it appears i start using my throat to somehow control it. Tension in my throat, in different parts / directions / ways gives me control while keeping a quiet mind, but that tension leads to uncomfortableness.

For me to get rid of it, I just do the anapana watching breath so there is no desire for anything to change, no controlling, no tension in the neck and it goes away. The other thing to speed it up is inner smile to neck and throat, plus stretching my neck. These help too, but unless i stop trying to control for a while it becomes a vicious cycle.

I remember when i first did lots of healing tao on my own tent retreat. I was actually working with negative energy for the first few days, but i didn't know it. Later i just changed it to good energy. There are 2 energetic ways i use to change things / sensations i dont' like. (physical ways become the best for me but energetic is easier until i work out a physical method for a particular change).

So I can 1. change something step by step using a method i have done before, or borrowing from methods i've used before (engineering) or 2. focus on the results i desire, ignoring the fact that those results aren't currently in effect, but not trying to change it. Later it changes to the desired end result for longer and longer periods of time.

So you can do that with your neck too. Hold the feeling of a comfortable neck in your mind and it will become more like that. Or release the tension like you've learnt to do using other meditation skills.

The doing of meditation is very powerful, but the not doing is just as powerful (anapana part). It's like the glide in breaststroke or survival back stroke, getting something for free, while at the same time giving you rest for another stroke. I'm a good do-er, not so good not-doer. Doing Anapana helps not-doing by being something you can 'do' to 'not do':)

It probably is chi stagnation. Maybe describe the sensation a bit more if you can?

Food? Well i don't think there is a food for neck tension but there would be foods that can bring you more into balance. Thats why i like healing tao, because it connects strongly with traditional chinese medicine. Then i can use herbs or foods to do the work of qigong, or vice versa. There is a heap of general TCM concepts and knowledge which can help explain what's happening during meditations etc too. I made a piece of web software that you can try if you want. http://tcm.asthmainchildren.com.au/TCMDiagnosis.php

It's nothing to do with asthma, i just needed somewhere to host it. If you do the survey it will help you with foods to eat or exercises or meditations needed to bring you back into balance. It is a work in progress and doesn't have every exercises or meditation for every type of person yet but if you get your results from the program i can help you with specific qigong you can use to balance yourself so everything gets better.

Edited by z00se
  • Like 1

Hey yeah i got your message thanks, just didn't see you reply on this topic for a while before so i messaged you. Thanks. I haven't been on here for a while too so sorry for the slow reply.

I get a bit of an uncomfortable sensation at my throat sometimes too. Especially if i increase my qigong practice quantity quickly.  My throat is like the controlling point for me, changing or controlling sensations, or chi energy sensations. If i keep my mind clear, it appears i start using my throat to somehow control it. Tension in my throat, in different parts / directions / ways gives me control while keeping a quiet mind, but that tension leads to uncomfortableness.

For me to get rid of it, I just do the anapana watching breath so there is no desire for anything to change, no controlling, no tension in the neck and it goes away. The other thing to speed it up is inner smile to neck and throat, plus stretching my neck. These help too, but unless i stop trying to control for a while it becomes a vicious cycle.

I remember when i first did lots of healing tao on my own tent retreat. I was actually working with negative energy for the first few days, but i didn't know it. Later i just changed it to good energy. There are 2 energetic ways i use to change things / sensations i dont' like. (physical ways become the best for me but energetic is easier until i work out a physical method for a particular change).

So I can 1. change something step by step using a method i have done before, or borrowing from methods i've used before (engineering) or 2. focus on the results i desire, ignoring the fact that those results aren't currently in effect, but not trying to change it. Later it changes to the desired end result for longer and longer periods of time.

So you can do that with your neck too. Hold the feeling of a comfortable neck in your mind and it will become more like that. Or release the tension like you've learnt to do using other meditation skills.

The doing of meditation is very powerful, but the not doing is just as powerful (anapana part). It's like the glide in breaststroke or survival back stroke, getting something for free, while at the same time giving you rest for another stroke. I'm a good do-er, not so good not-doer. Doing Anapana helps not-doing by being something you can 'do' to 'not do':)

It probably is chi stagnation. Maybe describe the sensation a bit more if you can?

Food? Well i don't think there is a food for neck tension but there would be foods that can bring you more into balance. Thats why i like healing tao, because it connects strongly with traditional chinese medicine. Then i can use herbs or foods to do the work of qigong, or vice versa. There is a heap of general TCM concepts and knowledge which can help explain what's happening during meditations etc too. I made a piece of web software that you can try if you want. http://tcm.asthmainchildren.com.au/TCMDiagnosis.php

It's nothing to do with asthma, i just needed somewhere to host it. If you do the survey it will help you with foods to eat or exercises or meditations needed to bring you back into balance. It is a work in progress and doesn't have every exercises or meditation for every type of person yet but if you get your results from the program i can help you with specific qigong you can use to balance yourself so everything gets better.

1) Well i just knew a few days ago about the 2 paths .. of doing and non-doing and actually was looking for more info about it.

In my journey in life i always was led to observe, watch, allow it to be, let go, and accept it as it is and forgiveness.. i guess those practices are kind of non doing. and now i was wondering what are the doing ? does it require visualization and imagination? i mean it is a bit for me hard to "accept" these tools as it is kinda the opposite of mindfulness no thoughts state and feeling. Do you have any idea of a practice compatible with mindfulness and related to to the doing ? 

2) also i was wondering about (in your earlier post), the patterns you saw when you were practicing it all day long. you said you observed out of your body.. how is that? were you having your eyes open? 

3) I do feel sometimes pains during vipassana.. like on chest and around the heart area.. they feel like physical and nerve thing and i observe allow them to be and they go. 

But the thing about my throat it is around the adams apple, all around and behind it and sometimes goes up... i noticed that when i try to focus at it in vipassana it increases or stay the same or may calm a bit ... and when asked someone to heal it (over distance) it kinda worsened, i did blood test and such, the doctor said it is just tension and stress of the nerves in the neck.

This pain usually come and go often.. and when an emotional something arises on tv or something it starts being painful.

4) I did the test you told me about and i got the following results as in the following picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwjYDGIA089TLVJKdldWcFFlelk/view?usp=sharing

The highest seems the earth element. when i had to choose the element i most identify with.. according to the personality, what they wrote about each element, i was closer to the water.. and it is more between earth and water.

but after checking the the water: foods and common complaints.. they are soo not related.... so i checked other elements. i found that i m more between earth and wood... and most of the complaints of wood elements are related to mine (physically) and the food of the wood element is close to earth element which to what i already eat and love. so I guess i m Earth with dominant wood. 

and i m not sure how accurate the personality characteristics of each elements.. but i matched the most with wood, food and common health complaints and food i already eat (food is similar to earth)

Thank you for your reply, help and suggested link Very helpful!

• Like 1

1) Well i just knew a few days ago about the 2 paths .. of doing and non-doing and actually was looking for more info about it.

In my journey in life i always was led to observe, watch, allow it to be, let go, and accept it as it is and forgiveness.. i guess those practices are kind of non doing. and now i was wondering what are the doing ? does it require visualization and imagination? i mean it is a bit for me hard to "accept" these tools as it is kinda the opposite of mindfulness no thoughts state and feeling. Do you have any idea of a practice compatible with mindfulness and related to to the doing ? 

2) also i was wondering about (in your earlier post), the patterns you saw when you were practicing it all day long. you said you observed out of your body.. how is that? were you having your eyes open? 

3) I do feel sometimes pains during vipassana.. like on chest and around the heart area.. they feel like physical and nerve thing and i observe allow them to be and they go. 

But the thing about my throat it is around the adams apple, all around and behind it and sometimes goes up... i noticed that when i try to focus at it in vipassana it increases or stay the same or may calm a bit ... and when asked someone to heal it (over distance) it kinda worsened, i did blood test and such, the doctor said it is just tension and stress of the nerves in the neck.

This pain usually come and go often.. and when an emotional something arises on tv or something it starts being painful.

4) I did the test you told me about and i got the following results as in the following picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwjYDGIA089TLVJKdldWcFFlelk/view?usp=sharing

The highest seems the earth element. when i had to choose the element i most identify with.. according to the personality, what they wrote about each element, i was closer to the water.. and it is more between earth and water.

but after checking the the water: foods and common complaints.. they are soo not related.... so i checked other elements. i found that i m more between earth and wood... and most of the complaints of wood elements are related to mine (physically) and the food of the wood element is close to earth element which to what i already eat and love. so I guess i m Earth with dominant wood. 

and i m not sure how accurate the personality characteristics of each elements.. but i matched the most with wood, food and common health complaints and food i already eat (food is similar to earth)

Thank you for your reply, help and suggested link Very helpful!

1) Doing is just the opposite :) I know what you mean it's hard to know because the not-doing practices you describe are somewhat difficult for me too. It's not that I can't do them, it's that i find them somewhat boring and uneventful. Like I have experienced good things from them too, but i enjoy the work of working my way to the goal myself rather than having it just handed to me, which is what happens if i practice non-doing. Check out Mantak Chia's healing tao, that's good and has lots of doing. Do inner smile, MCO and healing sounds. I'm guessing from what you've been saying and your results of the program that you will probably get the most out of fusion but you gotta learn the basics first. I don't know so much about Michael Wims version but i like Mantak Chias. Perhaps a little too much doing for me, but i'm guessing extra doing will be good for you to help with the balancing between the two. It doesn't require visualization and imagination, but they can be used as a tool, just like watching the nose and the breath is a tool, it's not the goal.

2) Just like you're watching within and gaining wisdom you can do the same externally. For example weather patterns from current conditions, peoples reactions, according to energy or movement in the environment. It becomes a kind of feng shui. Just watch and see and find patterns. That is the 'doing' i guess. As soon as i build up some energy i feel compelled to do again, it's very hard to not do. Computers and internet are one of the worst distractions for me.

3) Try different things. Can you make it worse? If you can make it worse you can make it better. Try and play around, this is the 'doing'. For me i'm so engrossed in doing, for me i have to 'do' 'not doing', it takes patience to not-do. Get some passion and start doing and try different things to see what works. What to 'do'? Start with the Healing Tao formulas, then make your own stuff up from there.

Your perspectives are very interesting to me and give me more insight into the not-doing. Would be good to have a chat one day on skype or something. See to me this sounds like stress too, especially since emotional states can set it off. One way I really enjoy checking is to have a few beers and see if it goes away, If it goes away it's tension :)

From my experiences with doing and not-doing, not-doing can make you happy living uncomfortably. Eg. Your could have tension in your neck but it shouldn't bother you. Getting worse or getting better, it shouldn't matter, it should all just be how it is. It's realizing that nothing can be perfect all the time, and even when something becomes perfect, a short time later that's not perfect any more. So being happy with everything how it is raises your spirit above matter (this is an illusion however). However the weakness is, as you seem to have noticed that the spirit is interconnected and relies on matter, the physical - yin. Its very hard to just 'watch' as a spectator as one twists their ankle, and why shouldn't they do something to prevent it, or make it heal faster.

In doing I can spend countless hours, perhaps most of the day at times controlling body processes, energy qualitys and quantities at different locations. I know chinese medicine, and i know Iron shirt qigong, so i can heal my body, adjust how i feel inside to how i want to feel, and create the perfect experience. However the weakness is it takes time, minutes, hours or days, depending on what i'm conjuring and when I reach the destination of perfection, that destination is no longer desireable in a few days time, and so begins work chasing the next destination.

So a balance of both is good. Have the skill to make yourself feel good, and get rid of tension in your neck, but also have the center (earth), balance, and contentedness to not be after perfection.

4) From what i gather from what you've said so far i would say you were an earth element, with conflicting wood. Wood and earth conflict but that is for the purpose of balancing each other. I am a wood element and my wife is earth. Exercise would be the easiest and best way for you to help bring yourself to balance i think. And not yoga or walking, do some weights and some cardio.

Creamy stuff is probably not good to eat, a little chilli is probably good. Build passion and desire. You may find you are a bit wishy-washy or look to others to make decisions for you? Probably have great relationships with others, and use their skillsets rather than your own. However this doesn't mean you aren't a good worker, you are one of the best once you understand what you're doing and have confidence, and also have the drive and desire to do the work - But often this only comes when you aren't content. My wife is content most of the time, i am not.

Don't eat raw food, cook everything. Don't be a vegetarian you need warmth. Warming foods. Don't drink fruit or vege juice, cooked veges are good though.

Where you stand on the center of a spinning roundabout or merry-go-round in a park just enjoying watching the ride, i'm hanging onto the edge with my feet hooked around the edge and my head extending out over the edge screaming out go faster! We both need to switch roles every now and then. My wife keeps me centered but her lack of passion in life, or the flare to go wild sometimes fustrates and bores me, while my inability to sit still and relax and just be happy with what we've got is probably annoying for her. She worries, i get fustrated. She makes friends, i make decisions. Together we work well.

Anapana builds earth, you don't need more of this, you do this naturally. Qigong (at least the way i practice it) builds energy and change, i feel it would help you more, even thou you would enjoy practicing it less (same with me but opposites). When people come into my clinic they don't like the exercises i give them because they are hard to do, but thats exactly why they need to do them, because they are weak in those areas, and thats what we're trying to strengthen.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this