Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

What is the deal with Coincidences?

I can see your point on many things. Personally I do see value in morality and deciphering truth, if only to create mental freedom. My ideas on "normal" people, are quite different however. I am hesitant to say if true happiness will reach the average person. 

It isn't about happiness 'reaching' anyone as if it's some kind of irrigation system. As long as we are free to apply our minds and bodies to the task of achieving values through virtue, then we may or may not gain happiness. The fact is, by being moral, by consciously and actively thinking and acting our chances of achieving success and happiness is increased.

Every normal, healthy person has the opportunity the gain values and the happiness that proceeds from an ethical gain. Every normal person must first choose to use their mind, to think hard, to apply reason, to learn. Many people refuse to think, the reason is that it's hard work and they have been taught that there isn't any truths, that we can hop from one flower to another as we need to and therefore everything is flexible without absolutes, so, thinking-if it's needed at all-need only be very short term and pragmatic.

Sign in to follow this