Sign in to follow this  
Ludmila Kniga

unconditional love

"He insulted me, hit me, beat me, robbed me" — for those who don't brood on this, hostility is stilled. Hostilities aren't stilled through hostility, regardless. Hostilities are stilled through non-hostility: this, an unending truth. (Verses 3-5) Dhammapada

An enemy, someone that is hostile against me, by showing unconditional love and remorse towards that person isn't putting me through more troubles ? I can't love my enemies, not hate them i understand, but bringing them closer to me ? why ? *Baffled*

• Like 1

"He insulted me, hit me, beat me, robbed me" — for those who don't brood on this, hostility is stilled. Hostilities aren't stilled through hostility, regardless. Hostilities are stilled through non-hostility: this, an unending truth. (Verses 3-5) Dhammapada

An enemy, someone that is hostile against me, by showing unconditional love and remorse towards that person isn't putting me through more troubles ? I can't love my enemies, not hate them i understand, but bringing them closer to me ? why ? *Baffled*

Love all as a selfish gift to oneself.

Appreciate/Love the phenomena, the alternative is to choose to fear it.

What could be worth fearing in a situation where the singular entitlement is the death of this body and mind given in divine mercy?

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

• Like 1

... the alternative is to choose to fear it.

I hope I have never given the impression that I think this is a valid alternative.

Unconditional love, towards all: just do not immerse yourself in an endless thought pattern of hatred towards enemies. Be indifferent and deport the negativity that arises because of this in your mind. Keep enemies at bay, be neutral. 'Love' them, so as your mind and spirit be at peace - not hating.

... until they attack you. Defend yourself.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this