3bob

"there is a God!"

This was Albert Camus' only criticism of Nietzsche.  Camus suggests that after Nietzsche told the Christians that "God is dead" he never offered a viable replacement for God.  So I agree with you, this would lead to nihilism.

But to be fair, Nietzsche fell too ill to continue developing his alternative, or replacement, for God.  It is impossible to say where his thoughts would have gone had his health recovered.

Carl Jung was the person who most directly continued Nietzsche's Zarathustra, though not in a way I imagine you'd like..... 

In November 1914, Jung closely studied Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra, which he had first read in his youth. He later recalled, "then suddenly the spirit seized me and carried me to a desert country in which I read Zarathustra." It strongly shaped the structure and style of Liber Novus [The Red Book]. Like Nietzsche in Zarathustra, Jung divided the material into a series of books comprised of short chapters. But whereas Zarathustra proclaimed the death of God, Liber Novus depicts the rebirth of God in the soul. There are also indications that he read Dante's Commedia at this time, which also informs the structure of the work. Liber Novus depicts Jung's descent into Hell. But whereas Dante could utilize an established cosmology, Liber Novus is an attempt to shape an individual cosmology. The role of Philemon in Jung's work has analogies to that of Zarathustra in Nietzsche's work and Virgil in Dante's. 

(From The Red Book or Liber Novus, C.G. Jung. Edited and with an Introduction by Sonu Shamdasani.)

• Like 2

I'm not familiar enough with Jung to make any comment.  But yes, internalizing the concept of God would be an excellent alternative.

I'll stick with Camus.  After negating God he states that:  Life is absurd but it is still worth living.

• Like 1