Sign in to follow this  
wilfred

Wilfred's Vivid/Lucid Dream Cocktail

not sure if this is of use to anyone, but thought I would put it out there anyway. as some of you may have seen from my posts, i'm quite interested in the whole tonic herbs thing. have been experimenting with various combinations of herbs/tinctures before bed time and seem to have narrowed it down to a formula that works every time. obviously mileage may vary and you'll need a decent amount of waking lucidity/awareness (namely a meditation practice) as a starting point, as with any method of trying to bring on lucid dreams. nonetheless i've found this to be very effective.

two tinctures:

dragon herbs supreme shen - lead herb asparagus root http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=015

015-Large.jpg

dragon herbs purple reishi http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=039

039-Large.jpg

you'll want about 2:1 reishi to supreme shen. good amount is 1 and 0.5 droppers, ranging up to 2:1 full droppers. for some reason the purple reishi is much more effective at bringing on lucid dreams than the red type. take just before going to bed, happy dreaming!

• Like 7

Apparently the hot herb for dreaming is Chinese Red Asparagus, but it's really hard to come by. Otherwise you're totally on the right track with two above. I regularly take Supreme Shen before my meditations.

• Like 1

Apparently the hot herb for dreaming is Chinese Red Asparagus, but it's really hard to come by. Otherwise you're totally on the right track with two above. I regularly take Supreme Shen before my meditations.

awesome, any ideas where i might be able to obtain some?

have you had chance to try the purple reishi vs other varieties? it really gets dreams going for me vs other versions and i'm curious whether that applies universally.

Red asparagus? Not sure, we're constantly on the hunt, and can't find it reliably. 

I've tried quite a few reishi varieties. I like the Purple Reishi the most as a single herb for it's meditative effects, and dream quality enhancement.

You might also try Albizia flowers. Calms the heart, but is also very uplifting. 

• Like 1

Red asparagus? Not sure, we're constantly on the hunt, and can't find it reliably. 

I've tried quite a few reishi varieties. I like the Purple Reishi the most as a single herb for it's meditative effects, and dream quality enhancement.

You might also try Albizia flowers. Calms the heart, but is also very uplifting. 

yup that was the one that started me experimenting with more of these shen tonics. it's also in the supreme shen. nice to hear i'm not the only one feeling the benefits of purple reishi! B)

googling brings up a red asparagus product, know if it's any good? seems like it's just the one product out there as far as this stuff goes...

il_570xN.653622363_hjjo.jpg

i don't know the company so would be dubious as to whether it's a fully active, quality produced extract ala dragon herbs. still, would probably order some sooner or later if there's no other options to try it.

and are you sure the asparagus root used in the DH formulations isn't the red variety? this person seems to think so:

http://thesupermandiet.com/asparagus-root/ 'I have found the wild red Chinese asaparagus root in the formulas sold by Dragon Herbs and Jing Herbs to have the most potent effect and be one of the most powerful and effective things I’ve ever taken for promoting deep sleep.'

Edited by wilfred

How do you take it? Just drop it in your mouth or mixed with some thing?

you can mix them in a drink or water if you want. but seeing as its before bed, the best method with these tinctures is to take them neat. i squeeze them onto a spoon before taking and hold the liquid in my mouth for a couple of minutes, under the tongue (starts to absorb sublingually) before swallowing.

Edited by wilfred

googling brings up a red asparagus product, know if it's any good? seems like it's just the one product out there as far as this stuff goes...

i don't know the company so would be dubious as to whether it's a fully active, quality produced extract ala dragon herbs. still, would probably order some sooner or later if there's no other options to try it.

and are you sure the asparagus root used in the DH formulations isn't the red variety? this person seems to think so:

http://thesupermandiet.com/asparagus-root/ 'I have found the wild red Chinese asaparagus root in the formulas sold by Dragon Herbs and Jing Herbs to have the most potent effect and be one of the most powerful and effective things I’ve ever taken for promoting deep sleep.'

Unfortunately, the wild asparagus that is traditionally used in many Chinese formulas, including many of DH's formulas is simply wild asparagus tuber, and is not the same as Red Asparagus. Completely different properties, though tian men dong is extremely useful for many other things - nourishing kidney yin clearing heat, and generating fluids.

Haven't tried the Red Asparagus you've pictured. I'll try to track down some details….

Edited by henro
  • Like 1

Mugwort, either smoked or as a tea, can help make dreams more vivid.  I'm sure making it into a tincture is a viable option too.  The good thing is, it grows abundantly in many places so you can easily forage some.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this