Sign in to follow this  
qibrush

Microcosmic Orbit and the water position

Hi, I've been doing the water position for awhile (the tongue position) and it's really

nice but I do have a question on how the microcosmic orbit looks after this. I've read

some other threads on this topic but no one seems to answer it. How does the orbit

looks after you switch to the water way? With the wind way I understand it goes down 

in a straight line from the forehead to the tongue but with the water way it doesn't seem

like it's doing that. It seems like it goes up to the pituitary gland but after that I can't really

follow where it goes or if it just merges back up with the wind way so that the only difference

is that when the path gets to the third eye the water way has it go back into the pituitary gland

then go down, and the wind way has it go straight down. 

The wind position looks kind of like this, although this looks like the fire position almost

post-111883-0-22337300-1439474062_thumb.png

So does the water position look like this?

post-111883-0-62130900-1439474105_thumb.png

Edited by qibrush

What's the difference between the two - the tongue position?

If so, it's nothing I've ever thought about. I just put my tongue to the dental flesh and that's about it.

If you've got the idea from reading Mantak Chia books then my humble opinion is that he really loves details - and a bit too much for my taste :).

What's the difference between the two - the tongue position?

you have to click the thumbnails, then you'll see the difference in the images.

I don't have an answer for the OP. I dont think it all makes much of a difference anyway.

I dont think it all makes much of a difference anyway.

It does make a diff.

In wind position (behind the teeth) conception and governing channels are merged to boost chi of external organs.(also says Dr. Yang Ywing-Ming)

In water pos (on the soft palate) the central channel (Chong mai) is boosted. (Says Sifu Chris Matsuo)

You can see the difference by doing a moving meditation and then a still meditation with the tongue on each alternate position, then compare the outcome. It is not that hard.

Fire position (on the hard palate) I don't have much to say.

Well I guess it doesn't matter, I was just curious. There's a quite notable difference in how

the energy flows once you change position though so it does make a difference like

cihan said. I asked this question because I noticed that if I do the sixth tibetan than

I have to keep my tongue in the wind position other wise if I keep it in water it feels like

the energy get's blocked somewhere and I get a head pain until I stop. So it was just 

curiosity really as to why I had to do that.

Edited by qibrush

Sign in to follow this