Sign in to follow this  
de_paradise

How to do qigong research or scientific study?

Has anyone any experience or ideas on how to perform some kind of study of qigong effect on disease or just the effect itself using some kind of measuring equipment.  What people to contact or what kinds of costs might be involved in a project, given that the the qigong master or practitioner is available and does not charge. 

• Like 1

Its old but Anna Wise (book 'The High Performance Mind) did work on EEG's and bravewtf brainwaves of various masters of different traditions.  Seeing what came up when they did there various meditations.   The best seemed to run several brain wave patterns at once, unlike usual people.

You can experience her work in the form of guided meditations she created that open up different brain waves.  Here's a link: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/annawise  I recommend 1, 2, 4 and 9 to begin with.

Here is a page that has links to some of her papers and those following the same line of research.  http://www.institutefortheawakenedmind.com/home/research/recent-studies/

>>geez I wrote brave waves instead of brain.. I need my own brainwaves checked. 

I think China has done the most study.  There is literally Chi gung hospitals there.  Ya Mu who posts did extensive work in medical such medical chi gung.  

Meditation has been studied and there's wide spread kudos for it, though much is due to relaxation response, that brings myriad benefits to mind and body.  What kind of qigong style phenomena are you looking at?  It goes from health benefits to the far end freaky stuff of telekinesis, pyrokinesis etc., for that stuff the proofs are harder to come by.. and much more controversial.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Gold standard science is randomized contolled. It's been done. Look up mayo clinic dr. Anne vincent external qigong healing. She said results especially impressive.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this