healingtouch

Classification of foods into yin or yang

Re:

-----

"but I'm not touching that poor dead horse with a 6-foot daikon...  since members of its family are either dead of cancer, or of alcoholism, or indulge in wife-beating, or are gone to jail for nearly murdering an infant of the family with a diet-induced B-12 deficiency -- I've no business adding to their comeuppance."

-----

Most of this must be based on misinformation.

I'd be interested in knowing where these claims came from.

-VonKrankenhaus

Sure, do share if you're up to it. :)

I could try to explain it but I beleive it's far better when we allow the Master to explain it in his own words

http://imgur.com/w97MA9q

http://i.imgur.com/7sa5WW9

http://imgur.com/7JkPwtG

http://imgur.com/fdoDfVc

http://imgur.com/we48sdO

http://imgur.com/vHK4d2w

These are the links to the pages in the textbooks that deal with scanning. It pertains only to scanning for prana in the energy body of a person. However hand scanning can be used to scan for anything.

For example if you wanted to scan a food for a specific issue. First focus on the question you have in mind. Again, be specific. Vissalize the food.. So instead of saying: Is this food good for me? rather ask: "will this <insert food name> increase my level of spiritual conciousnes?" or "will this <food name> increase my level of energy?". Your imagination is the limit. Then place your hands about 5-10 inches apart and say to yourself: this is an YES. Take your right hand as far as it can go , while keeping the left one in place (or vice versa if your left hand is more sensitive) and ask the question and start moving your right hand again closer and closer to your left hand. If the answer is positive, it will start tingling or pressure more and more as it approaches the yes distance between them. If the answer is a no, you will be able to get past the yes point without any sensations. If the answer is a strong yes, you will start feeling a sensation way befoer it reaches the yes distance.

The method described in the book can also be used to scan foods that are in front of you for the amount of prana it carries and also specific types of prana. Again, formulate the question in your mind and move your hand closer and closer to the food.

Edited by healingtouch
  • Like 1

Re:

-----

"but I'm not touching that poor dead horse with a 6-foot daikon...  since members of its family are either dead of cancer, or of alcoholism, or indulge in wife-beating, or are gone to jail for nearly murdering an infant of the family with a diet-induced B-12 deficiency -- I've no business adding to their comeuppance."

-----

Most of this must be based on misinformation.

I'd be interested in knowing where these claims came from.

-VonKrankenhaus

Ack!  The soy/grains lobby promoting the macrobiotic thing is way powerful.  I used to be able to find all the info with ease 12 years ago when I quit the macrobiotics diet, which I had embarked on earlier (I've tried nearly everything on myself over the years, I don't ever discuss diets I haven't experimented with and have no frame of reference for comparing with other diets or no-diets.)  I quit it when a distant relative who cured his cancer with another nutritional protocol got convinced that now he needs to go macrobiotics to prevent a recurrence, which he did -- and promptly died.  That's when I read all the stories -- but it was 12x13 moons ago, and I don't seem to be able to find them anymore, soy/grains pushers must have wiped the slate clean.  Of the facts still searchable, these are on wiki:

Aveline Kushi died of cervical cancer.  Her daughter died of breast cancer.  Michio Kushi died of pancreatic cancer.  George Oshawa died of a heart attack. 

I will certainly provide the articles I remember which I was referring to if I can retrieve them, so far no luck, but Von, I assure you I didn't make it up and didn't say what I said before verifying it for myself.  I'll try again when I have the time.  

Incidentally, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez in New York, practiioner of one of the world's most successful alternative anticancer protocols (and THE most successful, whether on mainstream or alternative scene, in combatting pancreatic cancer, one of the deadliest and resistant to pretty much any treatment or diet ever tried on it), asserts that his lymphoma patients specifically often come from a macrobiotics dietary history.

I found this old email when trying to track down the info in response to your inquiry -- might be of interest while I keep trying:

> According to Dr. Gonzalez, macrobiotics is not only non-efficient with

> lymphoma but is actually a type of diet that can provoke it.  I tend

> to agree, for a number of reasons.  In Japan, lymphoma is relatively

> widespread, unlike many types of cancer that are common elsewhere but

> rare among the Japanese.  Macrobiotics is, to a great extent, an

> effort to turn a Westerner Japanese, rather than a particularly useful

> therapeutic diet.  (Granted, the traditional Japanese way of eating

> is, overall, a healthier deal than a "standard American diet," but the

> latter will probably "take the cake" compared to almost anything else

> out there.)  Lymphoma, according to some recent studies, is suspected

> to be partially or largely provoked by immune hypersensitization

> caused or exacerbated by gluten-containing grains, which are freely

> accepted in macrobiotics.  The exclusion of meat is another gray area;

> Dr. Kelley and Dr.Gonzalez both thought that it is the "natural meat

> eater" who is more susceptible to lymphoma, but the relationship is of

> correlation rather than causation.  (In other words, the need for red

> meat, the adverse effects of certain grains, and the "jumpy,"

> overexcitable immune system may be part of the same package in people

> with lymphomas; it seems to be more common in people who do eat meat,

> but people who don't are perhaps different enough metabolically to

> begin with to be less attracted to meat.  Plus the unhealthy effects

> of all non-organic meats on those who do eat them, a separate issue

> altogether).

• Like 2

I could try to explain it but I beleive it's far better when we allow the Master to explain it in his own words

http://imgur.com/w97MA9q

http://i.imgur.com/7sa5WW9

http://imgur.com/7JkPwtG

http://imgur.com/fdoDfVc

http://imgur.com/we48sdO

http://imgur.com/vHK4d2w

These are the links to the pages in the textbooks that deal with scanning. It pertains only to scanning for prana in the energy body of a person. However hand scanning can be used to scan for anything.

For example if you wanted to scan a food for a specific issue. First focus on the question you have in mind. Again, be specific. Vissalize the food.. So instead of saying: Is this food good for me? rather ask: "will this <insert food name> increase my level of spiritual conciousnes?" or "will this <food name> increase my level of energy?". Your imagination is the limit. Then place your hands about 5-10 inches apart and say to yourself: this is an YES. Take your right hand as far as it can go , while keeping the left one in place (or vice versa if your left hand is more sensitive) and ask the question and start moving your right hand again closer and closer to your left hand. If the answer is positive, it will start tingling or pressure more and more as it approaches the yes distance between them. If the answer is a no, you will be able to get past the yes point without any sensations. If the answer is a strong yes, you will start feeling a sensation way befoer it reaches the yes distance.

The method described in the book can also be used to scan foods that are in front of you for the amount of prana it carries and also specific types of prana. Again, formulate the question in your mind and move your hand closer and closer to the food.

Thank you very much, I'll explore.

Re:

-----

"Aveline Kushi died of cervical cancer. Her daughter died of breast cancer. Michio Kushi died of pancreatic cancer. George Oshawa died of a heart attack."

-----

To my knowledge, not one of the people you mention ever ate any form of macrobiotic diet, such as was described in publications, for any significant time.

Michio Kushi surely did not. He very often ate diner food, or donuts and coffee. Not rice and seaweed.

Neither did Georges Ohsawa.

Aveline and her daughter really did not. The daughter did not have breast cancer. The two women died after having massive radiation implants, Aveline at a time when her cancer had actually gone into remission due to first attempting with diet.

Lots of macrobiotic people have died from fairly common causes, like everyone else is doing.

Many of them had truly dire chronic health conditions before taking it up.

And like most people, they did not really eat in a way that would be any true application of macrobiotic understanding.

All of these people regularly ate things like ice cream, alcohol, pastries, all kinds of meat, diner food, and so forth - the whole time. It seems part of the culture to do so.

I have seen most of the articles that are and have been online that you may be referring to - most seem to contain also many inaccuracies.

The truth is both more subtle, and probably crazier, than the misinformation. But it is different.

Compared to the "soy/grains lobby", if such a thing has had any true size, concerns like ConAgra, Cargill, the medical industry, and so forth, are many magnitudes larger and have spent much more time and power diminishing macrobiotics. That's why it has taken nearly 60 years for even the most basic ideas from macobiotics to catch on - like whole food, local food, organic, etc. The Kushis actually had to ask rice growers in the US to try to grow organic rice, and they had to buy the entire crop up-front as a guarantee that anyone would even want it once it had been grown.

The text attributed to the doctor:

I think we will eventually see proven that "immune hypersensitization caused or exacerbated by gluten-containing grains" is actually a hyper-sensitization (autoimmune) side-effect of vaccination. People have been eating whole grains, even highly glutinous ones, for thousands of years without exhibiting any of these very recent health issues. Much of the "leaky gut" and other symptoms we see today are actually caused by vaccination. The immune system functions of the "gut" are very sensitive, and related to bacterial interaction that is upset by this, and also by the use of antibiotics.

That and the fact that the gluten people are complaining about is gluten from refined grains - nobody ever ate refined grains such as is found in modern "wheat" products much before this modern era.

Note that some people today can take quite a while to acclimate their system to whole foods after eating industrially-refined foods and meat for a few generations - so they do not initially "thrive" until their saliva and digestive system have not only healed, but have begun to regenerate and use functions that had previously atrophied from eating modern "food".

And his statement "The exclusion of meat is another gray area" is unconvincing, if not actually illogical.

Paraphrasing him: '(the) standard American diet will probably "take the cake" compared to almost anything else out there'. Is basically insane.

In any event, the dietary application of macrobiotics has never really been finished. The leaning towards Japanese foods was a matter of culture, trying to reach back to traditional culture for examples of basic living. Most of the people who became or have become confused by macrobiotics are those who approach it as consumers looking for a "complete" product. Macrobiotics is like Taoism - it is not really easy to commodify without turning it into something it isn't and never could be.

My own explorations started with Taoist dietary/medicine, and continue with it, even though I have had much experience with macrobiotic concepts and practices. My interest has been going deeper into these same directions as relate to internal/spiritual cultivation and the development of human life. I cannot really say I fully understand the way people in modern culture have interpreted and applied these things, including macrobiotics. I may have different goals and expectations.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 1