Sign in to follow this  
Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Surprising side to Cyrus

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2015/06/miley-cyrus-calls-noahs-ark-a-myth-and-ken-ham-asks-why-she-doesnt-have-sex-with-animals/?utm_content=buffera5d43&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It turns out Cyrus is deeply interested in accountability. At 22, she’s perhaps her generation’s most unlikely social activist, and also one of its most powerful. Now she’s harnessing that influence to counter what she sees as an unacceptable reality: young people being persecuted and cast out for their sexuality. Inspired in part by the death of Leelah Alcorn, a transgender girl who committed suicide in late 2014 after being forced to undergo so-called “conversion therapy,” Cyrus recently announced the Happy Hippie Foundation, a philanthropic venture designed to raise funds and awareness for homeless and LGBT youth. “We can’t keep noticing these kids too late,” she says. - See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2015/06/miley-cyrus-calls-noahs-ark-a-myth-and-ken-ham-asks-why-she-doesnt-have-sex-with-animals/?utm_content=buffera5d43&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#sthash.60iZgePe.dpuf

I am actually surprised to be reading this and wonder what her publicity stunts are all about in contrast to something like this?!

I had her pegged as a spoiled brat TBH!

yeah, that goes along with her being a spoiled brat...  but i cant help but wonder if she's sincere or not.

It DOES seem a bit contrived, but.....    i hold hope for the best in people even if i keep getting disappointed by all of you :P no offense! ;)  hehehehe

With stars you never know when there real persona starts and the publicity persona ends.  Miley Cyrus is outrageous but that might be a reaction to feeling over controlled by Disney all these years. 

I couldn't find out through Charitywatch how much money donated to Happy Hippie went to people vs the organization, but the website is very well done.  Dispensing good information on resources that can help people. 

Until I hear differently it seems like a solid source for good. 

Interesting article.  I think Ham is the fundamentalist who built a multimillion dollar non-floating Noah Ark and creationist museum.  Not too surprising he'd be against and try to get publicity from Cyrus's coat tails. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this