Sign in to follow this  
ordoabchao

New to Taoist Cultivation

Hi all,

Im relatively new to the whole esoteric Taoism + neidan cultivation practices but I've always had an interesting in philisophical Taoism ever since I read the Tao Te Ching in high school.  I've always self-identified as a Taoist philisophically but until now I've not explored what it means to live life according to those principles in a conscious way.

Some background on me --

- I practice westernized Vinyasa Yoga 5 days a week, and have been for about 2.5 years.

- My introduction to esoteric Taoism/neidan cultivation started with Mantak Chia's book "The Multi Orgasmic Man".  I also have his book "Awakening Healing Energy Through the Tao".  I don't follow the practices to the letter but rather just take the parts that work for me, like the microcosmic orbit and inner smile meditation.

Why I'm here --

- I've reached a point in my neidan cultivation where I don't think books and videos will cut it anymore.  I want to meet other practitioners and ultimately a master/sifu who can guide me in my practice so I don't hurt myself or needlessly waste my efforts.

- Yesterday I experienced what I believe to be a "kundalini awakening".  At the point where the energy reached the crown of my head I began to experience a disintegration of my ego into a larger consciousness, but I pulled back from it by bringing the energy back down the functional/front channel of the microcosmic orbit.  I feel normal again today but im left wondering what path I should continue to take in this journey of spiritual development.

Thanks all and I hope to become a contributing part of your community. 

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member and we look forward to reading your contributions.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

welcome!

i take a westernized vinyasa yoga class once a week its such beautiful torture lol why am i usually the only guy in there? oh well. nice yoga butts.

inner smile is such good stuff i do that too! paired with 6 healing sounds.

i hope you find some knowledge and a teacher because it sounds like your cultivation is going great keep it up

Sign in to follow this