dwai

What's the rush? Relax, Enjoy, move when you have to

A thought has been pounding on the doors of my intellect since many years, but I do think it's becoming more pronounced and emphatic off late.

The cautionary advice from a little voice in my head is "What's the rush? Relax, Enjoy, move when you have to". The context being - cultivation and practice.

Yes, we have to practice. For some of us it is an imperative that cannot be controlled. Not that I'm saying it should...

But to practice with a set time window (I'm going to practice 90 minutes everyday) somehow dilutes the process of practice. Practice should last as long as we can flow, vibrate with the energy. 

My teacher cautioned me - He said "if you practice with a lot of things on your mind, about things that need to be done, chores that need to be tended to, your Qi will get "programmed" to be agitated in a similar manner. If you want the full benefit of your practice, just be patient, let it happen. If you have to stand in preparation form for 90 minutes, so be it. It can be the most powerful practice you'll have ever done..because you will find stillness and the motion that lies within"

This I feel is a central concept of being Wei Wu Wei. To not be in a hurry, to be relaxed...enjoying the present moment. Then we will be in harmony within ourselves, and also the universe.

• Like 7

A very important and beautiful reminder/ thought.

Thank you, Dwai. I concur and will integrate this more.

Indeed, you can rush things but it will just make things worse.

I don't have a fixed daily practise anymore because it basically doesn't make sense.

Once we get totally relaxed we basically don't care about such things because that is going against the flow and causes tension.

Edited by johndoe2012
  • Like 1

I would say the next step is not to practise at all.

"just be patient, let it happen". Exactly.

The struggle or problem that practise would clear will show up in real life once you least expects it.

This is a gift from the Divine showing you that you are stuck in identification and once it is recognized then there is no struggle anymore.

• Like 1