Lataif

Can we discuss "breathing into the body" . . . (?)

I have a practice that I do . . . and that is an implicit component of a variety of Qigong practices ("skin breathing", for example).

I've been doing it succcessfully for a long time . But I swear, I still can't describe exactly what is I'm doing.

Can anyone offer any insight (?)

It's "breathing into the body" -- and here is the best I can describe it.

First, regular breathing: I inhale into the lungs through the nose and then exhale out again. Just what you would expect. 

Now . . . on "breathing into the body", I inhale into my lungs through the nose . . . I do "something" (it seems??) with the back of my throat and a conscious intention . . . and half the exhalation "showers" instead into the body (the other half exits through the nose).

But what exactly IS this "something" (?)

No matter how carefully I observe it . . . I can't figure it out.  The intention is enough to get it to happen . . . but the mechanics of it escape me.

Thanks . . .      

Edited by Lataif
  • Like 1

You can read 'Neigong' by Damo Mitchell, chapter on Sung breathing. He discusses exactly what you are asking.

• Like 1

oxygen is actually from electromagnetic energy and so as the qi increases there is less need for physical breathing.

So the oxygen is getting changed into qi energy and that's why you don't exhale as much carbon dioxide.

When you do deep breathing the breath goes deep down and this is the force that in turn drives the qi up the spine.

When the qi reaches the brain then is less need for physical exhalation.

In 1st grade I was subconsciously angry - I had no idea about this - there was a contest to see how long the boys could hold their breath.

I easily won the contest but woke up with blood pouring out of my skull.

Western science says it's impossible to hold your breath till you pass out since your anterior cingulate gyrus overpowers your prefrontal cortex intention to hold the breath.

But intention is actually electromagnetic energy and so when your qi increases from lower emotional energy being sublimated - then you can hold your breath longer.

So for example the first sherpas to guide mount everest - had to pass the test of holding their breath till they passed out - to prove they had that control. But in the West that again is not considered possible. haha.

I disproved western science in first grade.

But when the qi builds up then your skin actually pulsates with qi energy - this is when immortal breathing kicks in - and so the centers of the hands and feet and the top of the skull gets soft and they all pulsate with strong yang qi energy.

At that stage physical breathing is not really necessary as much nor is drinking water - because water and nutrition are all just chemicals which can be created from the qi doing transmutations of protons.

• Like 1