mewtwo

Karate kid kung fu form?

So was watching the jackie chan karate kid remake a couple of days ago and a thought struck me. If there any sequence of moves in kung fu that you guys can think of like the whole jacket on/ off thing? Like mundane things we do now-a-days but could be used in a kung fu form?

• Like 1

Well, since learning, I find myself striking doors shut with pivots...but this is the other way round to what you are saying. Using manouvers on things rather than putting every day motions into my training.

Makes me ponder now though!

Edited by Rara

You might find that more in something like an Okinawan weapons form; the practical use of the tool being converted into a martial weapon. 

On another level, I use something similar myself in trianing if someone gets stuck with a 'motor reaction' (meaning they cant do something with a weapon as they are concentrating too much on the weapon and the 'automatic holistic principle' is lost. Eg. I have gained control of the arm/s holding a sword and the other cant cut down to control me. I will take them (if I am at home) over to the chopping block and hand them the block splitter; split wood - easy, Then I put a big chunk on the block and say 'Split that."

Then ...  'Stop! ... See ...   you replaced your grip correctly repositioned your feet, shifted weight, lowered your centre.

Or if they cant 'push through' I will get them to push the car .... 'See !, you instinctively,  lowered your centre of gravity, repositioned feet, pushed with whole body connected to the ground.

Sometime, just handing someone a weapon can change their whole concept of their 'natural reactions'. 

mud stepping through the grocery store pushing those metal shopping carts.

push needle to sea bottom to tie your shoe.

those Shaolin guys seem pretty good at sweeping!

8)