Nikolai1

I've had some serious insight into Time

• The idea that the universe  was created in its entirety either by God, or in a Big Bang is ridiculous superstitious nonsense.  When we think such a way we are failing to look reality directly in the face.

I think looking reality directly in the face is just looking at the content or reflection of our nervous system (+endocrine, digestive, reproductive, etc). I understand that Big Bang is a pretty strong hypothesis when the physics is understood - I will never understand, so I have no idea. You said earlier that you don't believe in empiricism, so we might just differ there. I personally am totally in love with science and think it gets to the essence of reality in a very poetic and beautiful way.

Anyway, you know, our eyeballs are literally an outgrowth of the frontal cortex of the brain. What you see is what your brain wants you to see, which is an Earth with pretty girls and/or pretty boys to rub your genitals on, yummy red and green things to put in your mouth, and a slew of emotionally charged situations to keep you excited and involved so that you will never literally die of boredom. The brain's circuitry also creates the illusion of time because it stores (memory) data (events) in pockets or semi-linear sequences. 

Then there's all that extra stuff our brains have time for like becoming immortal or realizing the True Self or finding your inner turtle. I think it's only natural to emerge consciously out of an eternal universe and have some pretty interesting questions come up as you try to catch up with what has happened over the past several billion millennia.

Edited by Yasjua

Hi Perceiver

sorry, but it doesn't  :). still don't understand it.. would like to though..

OK, here's another way of putting it...

Time is an entirely thought based notion.  We can't detect or see time, smell it, hear it.  We are only aware of time when we are thinking.  Just as a smell is airborne, time is thoughtborne.

Now the trick is to learn to see a thought as being another object in our reality.  Like a smell, it wafts in and then out of consciousness forever.

Thoughts, therefore, are not about anything separate to themselves.  A thought is NOT a representation of anything - this is most important  A thought is its own reality, entire in its itself.  Just as the table before you refers to nothing but itself, so too does a thought.  A thought stands unique and independently.  Thoughts are material realities, although normally witnessed in a dim shadowy light compared to other material realities.

if we learn to view thoughts this way, we can start to see that time does not exist outside of the thought of time.  And the thought of time, is just something that comes, endures for the briefest instant, and then vanishes forever.

As we learn to view time in this way, we also learn that the part of us which seems to exist in time, which is the individual ego, is also just another thought which has no enduring reality.

To distance ourselves from our ego is to become acquainted with who we really are, and this knowledge is the basis for all the deja vu and the synchronicity which is natural to the person who knows who they really are.

The vision of reality I am talking about is of massive significance to anyone on the spiritual path, so its really worth engaging with it.  Keep asking me if things aren't clear, because I have many different ways of communicating this worldview.

All the best Nikolai

Hi Yasjua

I think looking reality directly in the face is just looking at the content or reflection of our nervous system (+endocrine, digestive, reproductive, etc).

Yes you think.  And when we are thinking we aren't looking directly, unless we are looking at the thought and not what the thought is about.

Never in your reality have you seen your endocrine system.  And yet you are willing to subjugate the whole world to this imaginary concept which you have never seen.

The psychological and emotional consequence is that you feel like you are looking at a secondary reality, in your words, "just looking at the content or reflection of our nervous system."

NO!  Ignore your dumb science and look directly at the primary reality.

I personally am totally in love with science and think it gets to the essence of reality in a very poetic and beautiful way.

I agree that science is poetic. But art ceases to lose its appeal if we can't keep in mind that the art is just art.  Imagine going to a war movie and we were lost in it so much that we came home with Gulf War Syndrome and had to go to therapy.

Science is nice, but it needs to be kept in its proper place.  It teaches us nothing that we can't discover directly and concretely within ourselves.  To go the scientists for answers is like going to a mirror to check if you are angry. If you only know your own anger as the frown on your reflected face then you have no choice, but it helps to be told that there's a better way.

Anyway, you know, our eyeballs are literally an outgrowth of the frontal cortex of the brain.

Maybe.  But what do you see your eyeballs with?  What sees another's eyeballs?  What reads the words of a man who has cut open eyeballs on his slab and drawn the structures and convinced us al that this is the organ of our seeing?

Go direct to the seeing.  Then you will know without a shadow of a doubt that the eyeball is nothing other than a kind of metaphor for vision.  A trope that we all believe in.  A kind of clay effigy that represents the True Seeing  - that Seeing that is no more to do with eyeballs than it is to do with elephants. 

I think it's only natural to emerge consciously out of an eternal universe and have some pretty interesting questions come up as you try to catch up with what has happened over the past several billion millennia.

OK, now realise that the eternal universe emerges from You, and that the several billion millennia are just moments - or this moment - in your mind that is beyond the infinite.

all the best, Nikolai

• Like 1

Science and spirituality are two (ironically opposing) sides of the same coin.

We merge them and get a clearer view of the picture, but if we pick one over the other, we can never have more than a quarter of the picture.

Incidentally, science and spirituality are catalysts and primers and dont actually assist us in percieving reality as a whole, but make for wonderous tools to improve clarity.

The true reality is not one to take on faith, but to experience directly, first hand.

Science and spirituality are only maps that others have made from their own experience, and have no bearing on our own pisition within the whole.  only we as individuals can know that tidbit.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It is the AEIOU (and sometimes y)  :lol:

All Encompassing Infinitesimal Omniversal Unit(y)

Science and spirituality make up, at most, 50% of the picture.

Experience and Observation make up the other 50%.

And i'm just totally bullshitting you all right now, these are my ideas and not even truths, for sure, except taht i rock them and they prove true (for me) more often than not! :lol:

• Like 1

Science is fine, just so long as we don't start believing in it too much.

So we can talk science as much as we like as long as there is a part of us that is fully aware that science can NEVER communicate anything other than falsehood.  That science has never and could never approach reality itself.  That we always need to go BEYOND.

Then, so long as we're clear on this, we can start talking science - and it will be enjoyable and beautiful and poetic.

Science, when taken too seriously, becomes something very vulgar, and the speakers turn into fundamentalist monstrosities.  But then the same happens in art, religion and philosophy.

I know this is pure heresy in this day and age.  But I'm not afraid to talk heresy in the name of truth.

• Like 1

Science is fine, just so long as we don't start believing in it too much.

So we can talk science as much as we like as long as there is a part of us that is fully aware that science can NEVER communicate anything other than falsehood.  That science has never and could never approach reality itself.  That we always need to go BEYOND.

Then, so long as we're clear on this, we can start talking science - and it will be enjoyable and beautiful and poetic.

Science, when taken too seriously, becomes something very vulgar, and the speakers turn into fundamentalist monstrosities.  But then the same happens in art, religion and philosophy.

I know this is pure heresy in this day and age.  But I'm not afraid to talk heresy in the name of truth.

Quoted for emphasis, truth, and righteous ways of thinking!

Everyone could learn something from mentally addressing this topic of science!