Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Simply being complex

Hi all, been a while since I visted here, love the new gazelle at the top, my favorite animal. I feel right at home with this forum.

I still feel so great remembering when I first found out about Tao Te Ching. I had my own computer, when younger, and I just casually tried to look more into why chinese people are always so wise in those movies. I made my own wbesite for school, all about china, I had chinese neighbours and they were also very peaceful and kind. However, I never knew one chinese person in person. Mostly I was drawn to Tao because I was playing this starwars game and a Tao Te Ching text was like a nice companion to that. Hahaha  :lol:

When beauty is abstracted
Then ugliness has been implied;
When good is abstracted
Then evil has been implied.

I was trying to explain what love is to someone the other day. We danced around polarized ideas untill he just pet the cat, and the cat was really enjoying it allot, so it distracted us both from our trying to abstract all of it, and just give us the full view of that cat, enjoying the moment so freely. Sometimes things are simple, even when it looks complex, and needs no abstraction. As with our simple nature of being. We are complex, but we don't have to abstract that towards such simplicity that we become a statue. Variety is beautiful, and deserving of all of it.  :)

So alive and dead are abstracted from nature,
Difficult and easy abstracted from progress,
Long and short abstracted from contrast,
High and low abstracted from depth,
Song and speech abstracted from melody,
After and before abstracted from sequence.

As with science always wanting to cut things and see how it looks inside, and the deeper you cut, the more you realize, there is no bottom to any of it. So enjoy the infinite nature, cause there will always be more to enjoy. No need to worry that you will run out of things to enjoy  :ph34r:

The sage experiences without abstraction,
And accomplishes without action;

They say that love does nothing, and leaves nothing undone.
He accepts the ebb and flow of things,
Nurtures them, but does not own them,
And lives, but does not dwell.

This is so beautiful, I just have no words to describe any of it. I just wish I would be there to see all of it, how the sage would be. Example is the best of teachers, isn't it? It just sticks with you always, becomes a part of you, it is beyond a milion words, most valuable of all experiences. 

I love how all of it allows for so much ease, balance and harmony. As we stop trying to hold on to the water, but rather let ourselves flow with it, and in so doing, become as it. In this river of life, stream of infinite and eternal movement of clarity of displays and reaching for new perspectives ongoingly and gradually expanding into more refined and precise and detailed, higher resolution, intense, presently momented, here and now, experience of all that we are in our infinitely varrying nature playing with the infinitly varrying nature of nature aswell.  :blink:  <_<  :wub:  :huh:  :rolleyes:  :blush:  :ph34r:  :mellow:

Edited by Everything
  • Like 3

Nice to see you posting again.

As with science always wanting to cut things and see how it looks inside, and the deeper you cut, the more you realize, there is no bottom to any of it. So enjoy the infinite nature, cause there will always be more to enjoy. No need to worry that you will run out of things to enjoy  :ph34r:

Indeed.  This is a very important concept in my life.

Nice to see you posting again.

Indeed. This is a very important concept in my life.

Omg, marblehead. Haha, you were like the first post I read here. I remember it was something random about change at a counter and a receit number synchronisity. So nice to see your post again aswell. :D

Most memorable of all people!

Oh and ofcourse the so nice lady. Forgot the name, was it jenna? So many nice people here. Josh or Stosh, the guitar. X))

We're all family of motion forward in this grand life, I wonder what Lao Tzu is up to these day. Probably every step along the way with us =P

Nice to be posting again indeed :)

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this