Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

comments on invention #2 requested.

Plastic it is everywhere.

Its creation and disposal is disrupting the spiritual well-being of the planet..

The invention is to transform the plastic.

Think if every home instead of throwing away their plastic they put it inside a 3d printing machine and turn the plasic into something else they can use.

turn 10 water bottles into a lego set for a child.

IF we could learn to use plastic that can be used inside of 3d printing machines, we would be able to transform our waste into something useful.

raise the frequency of the planet yeauh bruh

If every home or community had a machine that could 3d print using any old random bits of plastic... Well that would be an awesome invention. Not sure how doable it is, though.

Interesting idea, MooNiNite. One challenge would be developing a safe and cost-effective home-reprocessing capability which works in a Fisher-Price fashion for a variety of types of plastics (different compounds have different properties and the application dictates the need). The cap of a soda bottle is made from a different plastic than the bottle itself, for instance -- the two are not strictly interchangeable and the characteristics of each determine the objects which can/should be fabricated from them. This seems surmountable to a relative extent, though. I think the approach might be one of limited scope as the starting point -- a device into which you feed plastic water bottles and from which come a particular set of items (dishes, for instance, or towels).

As an aside, plastics aren't the only thing being used for 3-D printing. Food proteins and wood fibers are also being use (among other things). I think we will see rapid development in this area and a shift from depositing layers to assembling crystals and polymer chains from more basic building blocks (we are already doing it within the context of nanotechnology, mind you, but I think it will move to a consumer level within a few years...)

Sign in to follow this