Sign in to follow this  
Source

Dantian Development?

Hey,

Trying to figure out what this exactly means as im still learning the concepts and so forth.
Currently working on standing post type stuff, and came across a forum post on wongkiewkit
that meant standing meditation works on dantian development?

What are the signs of dantian development?

How does one know for sure that it is fully developed?

What practices go in that direction?

Is there a book or article that can guide me to the why's and how's of this?

A few questions, maybe some can point me in some direction!

Cheers

Hey,

Trying to figure out what this exactly means as im still learning the concepts and so forth.

Currently working on standing post type stuff, and came across a forum post on wongkiewkit

that meant standing meditation works on dantian development?

What are the signs of dantian development?

How does one know for sure that it is fully developed?

What practices go in that direction?

Is there a book or article that can guide me to the why's and how's of this?

A few questions, maybe some can point me in some direction!

Cheers

Wong Keiw Kit is very very good from what I have read of his books - he is basically from the same tradition of my teacher - both Shaolin - in fact they are probably good friends but I will have to show him the face and then he may recognize him - he only speaks Chinese - he was a former Head Grand Master of Shaolin Temple.

Wong Keiw Kit is very much aware of Qi Gong from the Enlightenment aspects or Enlightening side as well as the more mundane sides.

I would not worry about the idea of "how does one know of it (lower dan Tien - LDT) is fully developed".

Consider that a battery bares fruit when it has a useable charge and the more it is charged up the more things it can start or energize. Additionally, let's also assume that at a certain point it can start to off-gas - but in this comparison the off-gassing is very highly prized and not dangerous and it rises to the next center and begins to fill it up and so on and so forth to the next center.

I am not certain what the initial feeling is for most people when they first feel their LDT - mine felt like a ball about the size of a golf ball and was quite defined and warm but I think for most in the beginning stage it may be a fuzzy warm itchy almost perceptible mass.

The internal aspects are far more important than the external posture. This is well explained in Kit's books.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this