z00se

From Enlightment - A Different Approach

An authentic different approach. I picked up a book from the Opportunity Shop for $4 and it is great. It's not a meditation book but it does mention meditation as important, yet it is very strange. It talks about going backwards from enlightenment or SAMADHI to the very lowest level of IGNORANT BLISS.

Meditation has a small mention in the book so far (I'm about halfway through), but it's all about how useless intelligence, experience and insight is in our societies. The author Paul Livingston (Flacco the comedian you might know him by) is actually very smart... he makes excellent points, using good logic and concrete examples along with many new words ( i had to use a dictionary several times to follow the points he was making). It's all about going from super smart to super dumb. He shows that it's often the smartest people that are alienated, unemployed, single & broke. The dummys are usually the ones running companies with all the hot women and fast cars.

Here is a quote (Hand typed)...

"Meditation is the key. Most view meditation as a means to reach a higher plane of consciousness. This too is folly. Meditation in this sense can effectively lead to enlightenment and self knowledge. What i'm presenting here is an alternative form of meditation. A regression from higher thought to unenlightenment. A gradual abandonment of accumulated experience with the ultimate goal of achieving a state of bliss. IGNORANT BLISS"

He does speak about the benefits of IGNORANT BLISS, infact that's what the whole (small) book is about, and it's very logical clear and plain. He clearly shows that the benefits of IGNORANT BLISS are notably equally as good to those who achieve SAMADHI, just as desirable, except their opposites.... and you don't need to be a samadhi pants to get them!

It's not the knowledge that is useful. It's the confidence that you are following something that is real or right. It doesn't even need to be real or right, you just need to have faith that it is so. Blind faith after all is similar to following the wisdom of a sage. To believe and follow something with full faith is where the benefit lies. To believe that an accomplished sage has all the answers, or any 'right' answers at all, is just as deceiving as having faith in the christian speaker on late night TV who dribbles on his shirt. Nobody really understands anything fully, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just deceiving themselves.

Just thought i'd make a post, as i often do, at opposites with the regular discussion in here to help open minds and point out something that may not have been thought about by some, just as it came as a surprise to me.

• Like 1

It's not really different. It's just the wording, which I would say that it could be very easily misinterpreted.

Ignorance in a conventional sense is having too much crap and preconceived ideas going on in your head to notice anything. Ignorance in a refined sense is that unimportant things don't register unless you want them to. It becomes your samadhi.

Becoming dumb is not exactly how it is, but rather losing the idea that intelligence is of importance. You don't care, but you can turn it on if you need to.

I actually like this video quite a lot, simply because it's easy to take things so seriously and it's a weight off your shoulders to turn that around...

• Like 1

I'd say I agree more with the author of that book. Dumbing down is one way to put it, or how about just awakening to the illusion of having something to dumb down in the first place. "Trace it backwards" is also pretty much how it's done. Dao is literally pumping through you, itself, burrowed down hardest in the parts that make you, you. When you find those parts, and unravel them...that's where discoveries are made. :P

• Like 1