If one is stable and sane, then mushrooms can help us see what has been put there, and what is from within...

Peace

I can't speak on this lol. 1) I have no idea if I'm sane and 2) I have never tried mushrooms.

• Like 1

You can have more than one spirit animal. Like spirit guides, we can have more than one to guide us in this life. In some Native American traditions, it it called animal magic. For instance, Fox Magic. On another side of spectrum, in Japan, Foxes can shapeshift into a woman. For some reason, I think you need to make peace with not keeping a promise to someone. Was it a woman? Maybe the foxes are trying to tell you to make peace with it, so you can progress in this lifetime.

Fox, Power Animal, Symbol of Camouflage, Quick Wit, Cunning, Agility, Magic

By Ina Woolcott

Foxes are seen as power animals / totems throughout the world. The Chinese believed foxes could take human form. In Egypt the fox brought favour from the gods. There was a fox god in Peru. Foxes aid the dead get to the next life in Persia. The Cherokees, Hopi and various other Native American Indian tribes believed in its healing power, the Apache credited the fox with giving man fire.

Fox is amongst the most uniquely skilled and ingenious animals of nature. Being a night creature, fox is often imbued with supernatural powers. Foxes are usually seen at dawn and dusk. Dusk starts off their day, and the dawn is its ending. This is the time, when the world of magic and our every day realities cross paths. Foxes live on the edges of forests and open lands, the border areas. As fox is an animal of the between times and places, it can be a guide into the faerie realm. Fox has a long past of magic and cunning associated with it. It can move in and out of circumstance restoring order or causing confusion, depending on the occasion.

There are various species of fox, but they all share the extreme cleverness and cunning that paved the way for the expression, "sly as a fox." Fox urges us to develop the art of camouflage, invisibility, and shape shifting. They are agile, skilled, and unpredictable.

Fox's power lies in not being able to outrun the hounds, but to know in advance when they will be out hunting. They then use their ability to camouflage. When we learn to detach from our surroundings and to use all our senses to be observant, we will also be able to anticipate and create the future. A fox being followed by hounds will run across the tops of walls, cross streams diagonally, double back on its trail, run in circles - in short, do anything to break the trail of its scent. Fox has the amazing ability to outwit both predators and prey. Fox shows us how to slip out of unpleasant situations quietly and unnoticed. Those with fox as a spirit guide are frequently smart and witty but must remember to keep their crafty and clever demeanour balanced or it could backfire. Fox can also show you that your actions may be too obvious and the need to learn to be more discreet. Fox is a wise, potent, teacher for those who choose to live conscious and deliberate lives.

Due to their ability to blend into their surroundings, foxes are generally viewed as sly and cunning beings. Calling someone foxy is not always paying them a compliment, it can also mean that they are tricksters or liars.

Interestingly, the word cunning, originates in the Old English word, kenning, which means to know, especially as applied to seeing something which isn't visible straight away. This can be related to the fox's superb sight and their ability to anticipate.

Fox can show us the skills necessary when it comes to handling people. The ability to camouflage can be deduced as being able to take a step back and view an interpersonal situation with detachment. This includes opening up the less obvious senses, such as intuition.

Often the underlying basis of a situation may seem obvious, but instead of making a quick judgment, listen closely to the outer and inner senses. Then you may perhaps get a completely different picture of what is going on. When the outer situation and the inner senses don't match it is wise to handle like a Fox, to trust ones intuition/instinct/inner voice, and to lay low.

Just like the wolf, the fox partner's for life, and is very devoted to its young. Many of its clever hunting techniques are keyed to acquire food for the helpless young and the nursing vixen. This is am important element of the foxes power. Similarly, our own awareness, and flexibility can be used to greater ends, not just to serve ourselves.

Fox's Wisdom Includes: Shape shifting, cleverness, observational skills, cunning, stealth, camouflage, feminine, courage, invisibility, ability to observe unseen, persistence, gentleness, swiftness, wisdom, reliable friend, magic, shape shifting, invisibility.

Fox can teach us to control our auras so we are more able to live in harmony with the world and others.

If fox is your power animal, learning to be invisible is very important in your life. Picture yourself blending in with your surroundings, becoming part of everything. Be extremely still and quiet. With practice and patience you will be able to go unnoticed even at a party or in a crowd. Fox also teaches good eating habits, as they eat small portions frequently. You have probably heard the suggestion that this is better for our health.

If fox is your power animal, pay attention to the way it moves and follow its lead. This is a powerful guide to have and those that have it to should learn to use its skills for the benefit of all, including themselves.

Edited by lotus
  • Like 1

Rara, not sure i'm sane either lol.... but i don't blame it on the mushrooms, they did me a lot of good at the time...many many years ago!

Lotus, you hit the nail on the head.... camouflage, what i promised did not fit in with who i am, and when i prayed it was from a place of camouflage, disguising who i was.

No, it wasn't a lady..... don't really want to say who it was on a public forum.. sorry!

Peace

• Like 2

Happy this helps. Didn't really want to know who the other person was. Nobody's business. Namaste

• Like 1

Rara, not sure i'm sane either lol.... but i don't blame it on the mushrooms, they did me a lot of good at the time...many many years ago!

As Bill Hicks said, they allowed him to love everything.

I was always ok with weed, I never dared go for anything stronger. It certainly helps me keep my eyes open (of course, not literally, quite the opposite!) Just keeps me here, reminding me not to get too sucked in to my slave role. That is why I will walk away soon.

Some will call it mad and blame drugs or being influenced by the wrong types of people (Taoists lol)...but they are plugged in, so what can I say?

Ok, foxes, back to that lol.

• Like 1