gabrielnb

Nei gong and the 5 tibetan rites

I started Nei Gong pratice (Sung Breathing and Ji Ben Qi Gong) and I felt great. Yesterday before Nei Gong practice I tried the 5 tibetan rites and felt very dizzy, tired and felt a kind of pressure on the crown chakra (feel like something is open above the top of the head, perhaps the crown chakra itself).

My first reaction was to stop the 5 tibetan rites because I think it didn't match with Nei Gong.

Furthermore I would like to understand: what might have gone wrong with the 5 tibetan rites?

And how can I neutralize the effect on my crown chakra?

Not sure what went 'wrong' - or if it did indeed go wrong. But you may want to give neigong a break for a couple of days and focus on stretching and opening your joints instead. Then get back to more ji ben qigong.

In general it's best not to mix practices- especially before you know exactly what you're doing.

PS - it's great that you've started practice! :)

Edited by freeform
  • Like 4

Done the tibetans for a long time and had no side affects. In my afternoon practice i do an hour of Yoga then 20 minutes of standing chi kung followed by the rites (slow and steady up to 21 reps. I class one slow deep inhale and exhale as a rep) Then after the rites i have always meditated as i find it gets me into a state of deep meditation very quickly