I collect guided and self hypnotic meditations. I found a 21 minute Yoga Nidra meditation in my collection that I didn't remember using or where I got it. I been listening to it the last week. Its very good. I've always considered Yoga/India to be something of a motherland for spiritual practices and it was nice to find a whole group of meditations called Yoga Nidra that work so well.

The Yoga Nidra I've been using is from Kharmanidhi Sarasvati Acarya Yoga mandala studio of Berkely. It begins with a very deep powerful voice chanting a long involved Ohmn a few times; you can really feel it moving through ones body. It quickly calls out body parts for you to relax, then moves you to refocus above your body looking down as it sends you into deeper relaxation, including the mind away body asleep you find in Monroe style audio's. I assume Monroe was highly influenced by this type of practice.

Then runs you through heat, cold then emptiness. Then light up chakra centers.. connecting you through the heart center to all other beings. Good stuff. Well paced.

Having discovered it, there are many more. I just found http://www.yoganidranetwork.org/downloads which has a number of Nidras from a group of teachers. I just downloaded the Yoga Nidra Sleep, Yoga Nidra Pain Management (I collect these), and a long 42 minute Beach and Stars.

I'm looking forward to listening to these.

• Like 3

I've been to several yoga nidra classes. Some have been better than others. I've found that the intonation of the voice makes a difference for me. I had downloaded a version that has limited success for me. My house is not ideal these days for deep meditative practice, my high energy dog just doesn't get it. I'll check out the link. Thanks