Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Any BBC comedy recommendations?

Cat had mentioned that she watches a lot of BBC comedy. I was wondering if any UK bums could recommend any funny shows and let me know if they are reasonably kid friendly. We enjoyed watching the Vicar of Dibley. We are watching another show about an English priest in Ireland, but it's not as funny as I had hoped. Our recent netflix subscription is teetering on being totally ignored.

Not sure if any of these travel well across the Atlantic:

Fawlty Towers

The Brittas Empire

Open All Hours

Are You Being served?

My Family

Not for kids (either adult themes or just too macabre and grotesque)

The League of Gentlemen

The Mighty Boosh

Up Pompei

Black Adder

Red Dwarf

Not sure if any of these travel well across the Atlantic:

The Brittas Empire

My Family

Agree, If you like the hologram in red dwarf the Brittas Empire is just so funny...... My other half is like the wife in My Family. (I'm Michel, not the dad :)

Good for Kids, I think don't have any myself but I "think" it's p.g. is "My Hero" the character Dougel out of Father Ted is a superhero.

But my favorite, because I like drinking references is Black Books. I look and act like Manny!!! But would love to be like Bernard :) (edit don't let kids watch Black Books !!! )

Favorite quote cue deep velveteen voice - "Are you all right Fran.... Do you need me to come Fran"

Edited by Mal

My other half is like the wife in My Family.
Same here! can't pull the wool over her eyes either ...

Folks can 'try-before-they-buy' here:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk

Oh forgot to mention anything with Alan Patridge (the character) or Rob Brydon (the actor).

Edited by rex

I couldn't find Brittas Empire, but I did find My Family, My Hero, etc. Will check them out. Thanks!

On our side of the world, Muppets season 2 just came out on dvd!

Sign in to follow this