eye_of_the_storm

Demographic Warfare

Also if all cultures are equal why isn't immigration into all countries equal?

Firstly, I didn't say that all cultures are equal. That's a meaningless statement. It's like saying all potatoes are equal. Some are big, some are small, most are destined for the fryer.

Culture and immigration policy aren't directly linked... I don't really know how this is relevant.

Why is it all so one way?

It's not.

Why aren't 10 million Italians moving to India for example?

Why doesn't Israel need more "diversity"?

Why aren't 10 million British moving to Saudia Arabia? demanding cathedrals be built everywhere? and that bowler hats are mandatory religious/ cultural custom

Why aren't 10 million Africans moving to China? demanding Chinese culture conforms to their desires?

I do wonder if you've ever been anywhere.

Firstly, why 10 million? Where did this number come from?

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/latest-immigration-statistics

There are half as many people leaving as there are coming. There are hundreds of thousands of British leaving the country every few years. And the immigration numbers to the UK only go into the tens of millions if we go back many years.

There are loads of Africans in China. I visited churches in Beijing, Shanghai, and Harbin. British "culture" has been forced upon many nations throughout history.

India, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Africa...so many places were damaged and changed by actual forced immigration and policy change by the British, French, Portuguese.... and there are still loads of "white" people in high positions of power in these places.

So many war-torn places in the world that people want to emigrate from are war-torn because of what the British did during the empire. If historical British culture belongs to modern British people, so does blame for immigration itself.

I believe all people should have a homeland solely their own... just as we work to insure the survival/ conservation of tigers for example

I can see what you believe. To be blunt, it disgusts me.

Either way, this country is (kind of) a democracy, and I have as much "right" to my say as the xenophobes.

I welcome immigration. Bring it on.

My friend and I were playing a game where we challenge each other to find the good in a situation.

We'd been going back and forth for a while, when he poignantly proposed...

"what's the good side in the Chinese invasion of Tibet?"

It took me a few days, but while perusing some articles online, I came across yet another Rinpoche, opening a school and teaching in Canada I believe and it struck me. When I next spoke to my friend, I said to him... "When China invaded Tibet, they had the intention of utterly destroying the culture and the teachings of Tibet. However, what they've done is created a mass exodus of the highest level teachers of that tradition and dispersed their influence all over the world. They've spread the influence of the core of these teachings in a way that perhaps it never would have otherwise." I doubt these teachers would ever have spread out this way, without this catastrophe.

It's the old dandelion analogy. I see a dandelion and have aversion to it and I smash it in the Fall. Next Spring, I have 100 dandelions.

That said, whenever this topic, or one similar comes to my awareness, I get physically and emotionally nauseous. It's unconscionable and systematically evil, in my eyes... what the Chinese Gov't is engaged in... the depth of sickness.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1