ChiDragon

Refine Your Tai Ji Knowledge

Refine your Tai Ji knowledge from others besides just learning it from your own teacher.

In learning Chinese Astrology, I've noticed many methods used by one school are contradicted by another school's teachings.

In attempting to learn "which is right", I've learned instead: they're different applications, neither right nor wrong, each of which must be studied, used, and experienced deeply before one gains an understanding of why one particular technique is valuable.

Thus, if one only studies different teachings, one only touches the surface. In order to truly learn, one must get to the root by working with a method over a long period of time.

It seems this applies to tai ji as well.

In my experience, absorbing knowledge is not a bad thing, and comparing two sources allows examination of the essence between them. But getting to the root happens by merging the body with the mind, not by controlling the body with the mind. Exploring different teachings from books or from different masters can sometimes become confusing, with multiple transmissions vying for intention.

If one is getting stuck and stagnant with one teaching, it is wise to change something. But frequently people get stuck due because they don't maintain sincerity long enough. When a tree falls in your yard, you can hire lots of people to tell you different ways of dealing with it, each with a logical plan, but it won't move by itself.

What about approach them by looking into their commonalities.....??? There ought to be something similar to make them called Tai Ji Quan. The three gentlemen in the video shown are the well known Tai Ji masters in China. They are pointing out the subtleties of Tai Ji. Have you missed something....??? Perhaps, I may help you to point them out at different time segments.

Perhaps, it would be a pleasure for you if you can discover them yourself. Its subtlety is by intuition, not by the word of mouth.

Edited by ChiDragon