Sebastian

Tips for Opening Meridians in the Shoulders ?

Thanks, so it seems there are two schools or complementary excercises to open shoulder meridians then. Let them fall naturally and relax in Wuji or perform slight stretches / rotations. Do you mean the latter can be counterproductive ? Sorry for the dumb questions, just picking up on this stuff. Thanks

yes, it can be, if you make it into a sport. The trap with any shoulder rotation exercises is that the shoulders go up, but they don't come down.

In wuji, don't just let the arms fall to the side. Let them fall, but turn the tips of the elbows gently outward, to open the armpit kua.

• Like 2

yes, it can be, if you make it into a sport. The trap with any shoulder rotation exercises is that the shoulders go up, but they don't come down.

In wuji, don't just let the arms fall to the side. Let them fall, but turn the tips of the elbows gently outward, to open the armpit kua.

Cool buddy -

Just ordered the dynamics of standing still based on your recommendations here, I think it's going to be great.

Thanks, so it seems there are two schools or complementary excercises to open shoulder meridians then. Let them fall naturally and relax in Wuji or perform slight stretches / rotations. Do you mean the latter can be counterproductive ? Sorry for the dumb questions, just picking up on this stuff. Thanks

And there is a more dynamic approach. I know of no shoulder gate opening exercise that works better than the move "push push - pull" in Gift of the Tao I. Works really well!

• Like 1

Yeah and it opens the wrists too... It's a good one. Although I retried the atomic symbol one based on Brian's recommendation, and boy did I feel it working on the shoulders.

Yeah and it opens the wrists too... It's a good one. Although I retried the atomic symbol one based on Brian's recommendation, and boy did I feel it working on the shoulders.

Funny you should mention the wrists as well as shoulders. Just this week I opened the shoulder and wrist gates on a chiropractor. He gained 60 degrees more cervical range of motion and elimination of neck pain without me touching his neck. These shoulder and wrist GATES are SO important!

• Like 1