GrandTrinity

Amazon keeps recommending me these books

All 3 of them look really good...god damn...i have so much good qigong reading material already though, its like a never ending thing. Im going to keep reading until i drown. But anyways, yall have experience with any of these? Maybe you can save me some time?

The Root of Chinese Qigong

by Jwing-Ming Yang

Price: $19.77 Used & new from $15.00

Qigong Empowerment

by Shou-Yu Liang, Wen-Ching Wu

Price: $22.02 Used & new from $22.00

Chi Kung

by Kam Chuen Lam, Lam Kam Chuen

Price: $12.89 Used & new from $12.45

I personally found this to be quite heavy. It was too focussed on theory, and not enough on practice for me. Mind you, its been a few years since I read it, so my opinion now might be different.

Qigong Empowerment

Don't know, but I would also be interested to find out what this book is like.

Chi Kung

I like this, and most books by Master Lam. He does focus on practice, and they are easy to follow. His books on Zhan Zhuang are also very good.

It all depends on what you want out of the book, theory or a practice routine.

Hope this helps.

A lot of detail on the theory and practice have it as a reference, I think the book is worth having.

Qigong Empowerment

An excellent book giving both theory and practice BUY it its well worth the money.

Chi Kung

I like Lams book

Out of the three I would get Qigong Empowerment

Keeping still

IanB

I have all three and I'd say Lam's book is the best if you are into yiquan. Qigong Empowerment is very dense with stuff. I didn't spend much time with it, but I can see how many would enjoy it. There's a sungazing/moongazing practice in it. The Root... his books tend to overlap a lot--just flip through his books in the bookstore or library and you should get a good idea of it. Winn's book recommendations caught my eye on the HT forum recently. Look interesting. It is never ending reading!