wallum

Calling all magickians.....

Over the past few days I have given a lot of thought to the matter and as a next point I would recommend this:

How to Meditate: A Guide to Self-Discovery by Lawrence LeShan

It is a good overview of many different types of meditation and I have misgivings about both Bardon and Sadhu for your situation. I don't have much time right now to explain why, beyond saying that I think learning about a variety of meditation styles right now, where you can get some ideas and develop them creatively is a good approach.

• Like 5

Over the past few days I have given a lot of thought to the matter and as a next point I would recommend this:

It is a good overview of many different types of meditation and I have misgivings about both Bardon and Sadhu for your situation. I don't have much time right now to explain why, beyond saying that I think learning about a variety of meditation styles right now, where you can get some ideas and develop them creatively is a good approach.

Thank you. I just purchased the book.

Hooray! Someone spoke about meditation generally and said there were different styles of it !!!!!

- I will never forget that day the Lama 'demonstrated' it to a bunch of 'New Agers' in my presence :D

(Sorry, I have been elsewhere lately and kept hearing about 'meditation', when I asked what sort or type I get weird looks ... I think they mean trying to sit still and have a still or empty mind . )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Hooray! Someone spoke about meditation generally and said there were different styles of it !!!!!

- I will never forget that day the Lama 'demonstrated' it to a bunch of 'New Agers' in my presence :D

(Sorry, I have been elsewhere lately and kept hearing about 'meditation', when I asked what sort or type I get weird looks ... I think they mean trying to sit still and have a still or empty mind . )

Same thing in Aikido... I met black belts who were not even aware that there are a number of different styles.

In many fields, there are plenty of people who like to believe that their way of doing things is the one and only. Or at least the 'original' one.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

But this is worse .... they 'do it' without even the benefit of a 'supreme and only' style .

That is more like just making up a bunch of moves without any martial arts training and calling it aikido.

I used to have to attend meetings where they 'attuned' first ... apparently 'attunement' is even deeper than 'meditation' and even less definable or explainable :blink: ... here is how you do it - all hold hands and close eyes ......

keep going ....

eventually someone will squeeze you hand so you pass it on ... that means the attunement is ended .

Now we are attuned

Right ! Now let's get down to this meeting and start tearing shreds off each other !

... and just so I am not misinterpreted again ...

I have been to some great meditations ... I am not poo-pooing all types of meditations ... just , well, what I said above :rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali

And I should not have even posted anything here

I would never refer to my self as a magickian .... (you see what's happened now ? Even spell check thinks its an ok word now).

Yet I answered the call .... :angry: (at self)

• Like 1

Well, I don't know what to call you all. I used the K so as to differentiate from those who feel inclined to yank poor wee bunnies out of hats.

I don't exactly refer to myself as that either, but I wanted to imply that I wished to converse with persons who practiced things of a non-material nature which caused changes in the internal or external environment without physical intervention, but that would have made for too long of a title.

I'm in Gumbaynggirr country cuz!

I think the long title would have been great :)

But yeah ... I get ya point ... as I dont want no ' in hat bunny wankers ' here niefer ;)

Ohhh ... spesh these sort

ent_powers_peter.jpg

We're practically neighbours. I'm in Ningy Ningy country. The little mangrove tree in the ocean in my pic is from just down the road.

Oh yeah ... I stayed a bit further south ; Jacobs Well and Pimpama ( when I worked at Warner) ... dont get up that way much nowadays.

• Like 1