Sign in to follow this  
ChiForce

Help me to understand this dream..

Like all of my dreams, they are very lucid and vivid. At the moment, I am trying to sort out my career issue. Looking for something long term and meaningful. Basically, in this dream, I was back at my old work place. I was with this company for a long time. But my work location isn't there anymore. It has been moved. Yet, I am dreaming about this same place. In this dream, I realized I don't work for this company anymore. Yet, I find myself going into this old place and getting ready to work. I even have keys to open the front door. While I was getting ready to work in this place and knowing that I don't work for the company anymore. Is a strange feeling. Is like you know what is happening and know how to do certain tasks but you know you shouldn't be there. In this dream, it was a quiet day and not much to do throughout the whole day (another interesting aspect here is that I was experiencing a whole full day of work in maybe 15 minutes to 30 minutes of dreaming).

There was a staff with me and I was told that the upper manager is visiting. I got a phone call about he is visiting me. On the phone, I mistook him for someone else, a woman and my first upper manager. On the phone, he asked if either he or me needed a break. I said to him I needed a break since I was at work since the early morning.

He finally showed up and his name is Mom or something sounding like Mom or Mont. I don't recognize him. I tried to explain to him why I was here, in the old work place....that I was trying to get a job with the company. At first, he didn't take me seriously until I told him about my work experiences. Is someone trying to give me a "break" in my future career path and I have to prove myself through my work experiences?

Is my mind telling me I should go back to work for my old company?? Hahahaha... But the work location isn't there anymore. Or the dream itself is a metaphor for something representing something in my future? Why my mind is using my old work place to tell me something about my future? Obviously, in the dream, I was aware that I don't work for the company but somehow my mind is drawn back to it for a reason.

What stands out to me the most is that you're trying to explain something about yourself to "mom". Only you know the answer to that and to all of these symbols.

Dream dictionaries all give different answers it seems but if the interpritation deeply scares/angers you than it's probably something you should be thinking about... regardless of it being dream related or not.

There are many methodologies for interpreting dreams. Jungian and Freudian are two popular ones. However, to find your own meaning/interpretation is priceless.

Well, if this dream is precognitive, there are no ways to make sense of it until the context of the social situation is known. For an example, the upper manager may represent someone I will meet in the future because of some event.. Or his name sounds with Mom or Mont because he is like my mother??? :) I actually saw his face and could recognize and recall his facial expression.

So, an old work place but with people I have never met in my real life. That's odd. Looks like my old work place represents the past while this upper manager represents the future.

Sign in to follow this