Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

"There is no point in living if you don't enjoy life."

- One of my earliest sayings

Setting a goal is to become attached to some desired outcome, and therefore is not ideal.

Fleeing from anything is aversion and is also, therefore, not ideal.

I have done both, and I still don't know what the hell to do with my life. I watched my dad work at Safeway for 30+ years and retire. I saw first-hand what this got him, and the kind of mindset this engendered in him, and I want nothing to do with it.

Then I went through a period where I worked on my mindset with the goal of attaining financial success. Yet I find myself still sitting here, living in my grandmother's house, so this approach too has failed.

At this moment, I am learning to co-exist with the question of my existence. While the question remains unanswered, I practice being present-minded in each moment, and living each moment to its fullest. I will do the things that speak to me to do, and practice being present-minded in the doing. I will not worry about the past or obsess over the future, as neither exists right here, right now, in this moment. I will have faith and trust that somehow, in some way, I will find the work that is enjoyable and meaningful for me to do, that will allow me to support myself and hopefully, one day, a family.

Life is a practice.

Edited by DreamBliss

Nungali,

Tell me more, I don't understand what you're trying to say

Sorry, I just noticed this question.

Seize life and good experience while you can, you can die at any moment .

- I have worked in a hospital for 10 years including accident and emergency and mortuary, I have seen things end rather quickly and totally unexpected. One e.g. me and the x-ray guy were were asked to work back as a bad accident was coming in, a woman and two small children - possibly all DOA.

We waited and waited ... then I start talking to the x-ray guy ... he has only been in the country 3 weeks, new job, new house, totally ecstatic about it ... even had a beautiful wife and two lovely little kids ... who were on their way to pick him up ... but for some reason have not arrived yet ...... yep ... it ended up being his own family ... :( I will spare you the details.

​Thats just one ... then there were the motorcycle accidents and other ones that were totally bizarre and unexpected ...

When you are chatting to a friend 2 days ago ... and then you see them as a xxxxxxx mess lying in a tray in the mortuary fridge first job of the day .... it tends to give you an appreciation for being alive in every moment.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this