Sign in to follow this  
tripcomputer

Newness

Hi everyone,

After reading a few threads this seems like a place where people are actually making and sharing some real progress. There were some comments about trance states that were extremely helpful with my own Tao practice, so joining the discussion seems like the right thing to do. Plus, the group that I practice with has been mentioned a few times. There's so little information that even long time adepts don't have much info.

Or maybe they just say that...

As for myself, I originally studied strength-based martial arts (Shotokan Karate, Northern Shaolin) for a couple years, but these didn't quite hold my interest and I didn't practice anything for several years. Then, I had the immense fortune to meet someone involved with a small group that practices a Tao-based martial art that seems similar to Tai Chi Chuan. After several months of waiting for approval from the Sigung and getting to know my new friend better, I was finally allowed in.

After two full practice sessions, something clicked. There was a sense that every experience of my entire life was leading up to that point. If I hadn't moved to a new city, dropped out of college, and several other things that would be considered fairly embarrassing hadn't happened, I wouldn't have the job where I happened to meet this one person out of 8 in the US that practice the Tao in this way.

I've been practicing for about a year and a half and it's been difficult because of some of the strange experiences I've had, but I find it's easy to grow when I communicate with others on a similar path. Like others, I also think it is time to share some of the deeper truths with more people if they are ready.

So that's about it for why I'm here.

Thanks to FatherPaul for being erudite, I hope you are able to return to the boards. And also to Sean, these boards likely take a lot of effort and many people find them useful.

-Tripcomputer

Sign in to follow this