BaguaKicksAss

Insanity from an energetic, Buddhist, magical, Taoist, and etc. perspective?

There are some awesome ones out there, sometimes therapists, psychologists and ... well OK likely not Psychiatrists...... who are open to other realities. Fortunately according to the DSM if something is part of someone's religious practices or beleif, that voids it from being classified as a disorder :D. (though in very extreme cases I'm sure that would be ignored)

I think I have told you about my crazy friend and some of her antics , she got locked up all the time. Last I heard she is born again, lives down the coast and married a pastor from an evangelical church. (Are they in for a shock when she goes off her meds! - last time she did she disturbed her local community because she would wash the car in high heeled shoes out the front of her house "What;s wrong with that?" I asked ... "No", I was told .... " only in high-heeled shoes :unsure: ) . Another mutual friend told me that ... then he goes; apparently when you talk to aliens and UFOs in the middle of the street in town you are crazy, but if you talk to God and Angels in church you are part of a congregation ." Well said, I thought.

Unfortunately though, Doctors can, and some have, loose their license for doing anything out of the standard "normal" and accepted by the medical industry thoughts on such things. Doctors have to be extremely careful what they say to a patient.

I used to have a great doctor (One he travelled out to my place - about 50km from town- in the middle of the night to change a dressing for me from a motorcycle accident injury - he charged me the left over dinner in the pot on the stove. he was trained and accredited as a western doctor and in TCM .. he was great.

Eventually he got driven out of town :angry:

• Like 1