Dano

Hello

Hi there. I'm new.

I'm here because I want to grow and develop spiritually. Wow that sounds cheesy. For one thing I want to connect with like-minded (spirited?) people, and also to get help and advice.

As I progress every insight or step forward seems to raise more questions and problems than it solves which leaves me quite baffled. For example I rather like most of my negative thought patterns, they are very comforting. As I watch my thoughts and behaviour changing I worry about the consequences, I feel like I'm stripping away my identity and throwing away my place in society, which scares me, but at the same time I feel like they don't mean anything and I'm just stopping thinking about what doesn't actually exist. But what if I'm wrong?

I find mindfulness very confusing too. For example if I'm sitting in a waiting room for an hour should I just sit and be mindful, examining the inevitable boredom, or is it okay to pick up a magazine to occupy the mind. Should I then be mindful of reading the magazine? How can I concentrate on what I'm reading if I'm too busy being mindful of the act of sitting in the waiting room reading?

And so on it goes. I will break questions down and find the right forums for them.

I don't understand the subscription system. Do I need to subscribe to be able to post or is it voluntary? Happy to pay either way but I don't really get it.

Peace out.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome Dano.

You will be free to post now but please note that for the first week you will be limited to five posts per day. We ask that you take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ and also take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby.

Good luck with the mindfulness :D

Best wishes from all the Tao Bums Team,

Chang

I don't understand the subscription system. Do I need to subscribe to be able to post or is it voluntary? Happy to pay either way but I don't really get it.

You can pay it forward* :)

With your mindfulness practice, I feel you're asking the right questions. Don't worry ;)

*(it's not mandatory, you can post anywhere, anywhen you like, for as long as you like)

Welcome Dano,

As SC mentions above, Subs are basically a way to help keep the site running and (perhaps even) improving.

Totally 100% Voluntary.

Basher