Sign in to follow this  
Spectrum

Training in China Thread

Was looking at tuition costs at Wudang to train w/ Master Yuan Xiu Gang.

At current exchange rates 3 months at the cheapest room and board is a little over 600$US/month.

http://www.wudanggongfu.com/kungfu/school.htm

I'm wondering if theres anyone over there in the Hebei province that happens to have any inside info on the school there.

Spectrum

The videos they posted on youtube are pretty amazing. Studying for a few weeks at Wudang would probably be the equivalent of months or years for me. I am dying to go there and train as well, but family and work make it challenging. Are you planning to go Spectrum?

Hi there

I have a friend who trained with Master Yuen at Wudang for 6 months. My friend plans on going back to train for a few years.

Perhaps if you PM an email address and I can get my friend to correspond with you if you like.

L

The videos they posted on youtube are pretty amazing.

Saw them yesterday for the first time at good resolution. Saw the first video of "Dragons of Wudang" as well. Was inspired to post some video of a Shaolin monk on my home site. There is a video of him paying respects to a tablet of Bhodidharma and then free forming a little and you can see him ... shrinking ... his form down in this tight hallway...

The internet is providing some windows in which we must truely discern and follow through, because the arts are at a time in which the technological growth accross the landscape can be ergonomically tempered w/ individuals who understand the art. I digress. Protect Mother Earth.

Studying for a few weeks at Wudang would probably be the equivalent of months or years for me.

Just being around people EVERYday that are moving in similar ways is a powerful experience. Not to mention being around people on a parrallel spiritual path. If you have a practice you do everyday you can really get in your body more then someone who doesnt and learn things faster through mimicry.

At my first opportunity training w/ Sei Gung in 2000 we learned a wei dan chi gung 'form', perhaps 'guide' is a better term. But I think because I traveled to learn it, I learned it fast and was motivated to practice it for benifits. A year later i went back and we started learning the classic 108. I practiced the 1st section for a year before I learned the rest.

Everytime I've traveled to learn it really turns out well, never fails to take me out of my element to 'let go' of un-needed patterns and look at myself and the universe w/ a different perspective, oh yeah... and learn more FASTER. This type of learning isn't just about memorization, it's about optimal health & movement.

I am dying to go there and train as well, but family and work make it challenging. Are you planning to go Spectrum?

Currently researching it. China is a big country. I am attracted to the movements of wudang because of the spirals I see coming off of them. But there are more masters around there than Shifu Yuan, 72 peaks?

A Ley Hunters Dream.

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this