Sign in to follow this  
juliank

Is it wise to learn Qigong if one's practice was born out of the Yogic Sciences ?

I have a question for those who have undergone a full K Awakening.

I know that K can come to those regardless of which tradition one is enmeshed in.

I am currently in the stage of pranothanna wrt process:

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/1979/cmar79/prano.shtml

Pranotthana

Pranotthana is the precursor to the awakening of kundalini. Shakti, the activating force, is universal. In a body, shakti is Life Energy and is called prana or prana-shakti. When throughshaktipat and surrender to the Divine the Life Energy in the body is set free, prana becomes very strong. This is called pranotthana. The word pranotthana means 'prana-up'. This is whatprana wants, to rise upward. To do this, it must be very strong. When it is strong enough, it will awaken kundalini which in turn clears the way for the prana to move upward through the central channel, the sushumna nadi.

I practice asana and this works well for me. At times even asana can unground me and under the advice of a very wise teacher I practice no forceful yoga movements such as bandhas or pranayama. My intuition tells me that allowing for the spontaneous unfoldment of this process is best.

That being said, once a more advanced stage of this process is underway I feel that I may be unequipped from an energetic perspective. I ask those who have undergone a full K awakening and are either advanced in the Taoist/Chinese Energy Sciences or have used a practitioner who was would you say that being knowledgeable in this area prior to awakening helped you deal with the more unsavory aspects of awakening ? I understand from everything that I read that an authentic K awakening is not a walk in the park. It is painful and harrowing experience that usually leaves one incapacitated for many months at a time. I wonder if some of these practitioners were more aware of the energetic aspects would they have been able to make the awakening a smoother experience ?

I came across a book written by KAP Systems that I know is touted on this board. Many of the techniques used in this book combine knowledge from many different traditions as a way to get underneath the hood of Kundalini and tweak the engine so that it runs more efficiently. Is this mechanical almost engineer like perspective a real thing wrt to the K awakening ? If it is wouldn't it make the most sense that as soon as one starts to experience the initial stages that one become as prepared as possible ?

I wish Santiago and Shaktimama were posting here more often. Santiago teaches KAP and Shaktimama is a woman of great experience. They used to be more active here. Your questions are right up there alley.

Sometimes call out a name and the devil comes. Or angel. With Kundalini stuff it can be hard to tell the difference at times.

It is possible to play many styles of music on one instrument.

Our body, breath and mind are like an instrument and our cultivation practice is the music.

Many things are possible, yet not all are harmonious.

Tune in to your reactions and you'll not stray far from the wide path.

My main concern in taking up Qigong during this process would be that in getting entrenched in energetic practices it would somehow inflame K. I am not interested in speeding up anything. In fact I am more interested in the slowest most gradual and fully integrated process possible. If it takes lifetimes...then that is fine. I really can't see how a man can be of service to others in Spirit if he is walking around like a space cadet or laying around in his apartment battling shadows and demons. This is not to say that some of those experiences will come during a K awakening. I am certain of it. But in 2014 with the amount of knowledge and science at our disposal I feel it would be wise to make use of all of the resources available to ameliorate any negative side effects and in the process assist others who will be catching this train later down the road.

Sign in to follow this