sunchild

depersonalization

seeing my last statements, i don't know why anyone felt the need to comment any further.

not "buying into" society won't stop me from having to buy a house, establish a career path/source of income.

i like hurting myself because it allows me to feel closer to death than i already am. a more agreeable illusion, ha.

you could walk, you could run

set sail to a foreign land

only to be greeted by yourself on the shore

open hands

call and label me whatever you'd like,

it couldn't make me care any less about life.

Well everybody's gotta have a hobby Sunchild.

Seriously dude you need to get over yourself.

The world doesn't revolve around how bad you feel and only you can deal with that.

Bleating about your woes on here aint gonna mend anything.

If self harm is your bag, what's the point in that?

It aint exactly healthy is it?

I'd say, get professional help but that's not what you're on here to hear is it?

Check out ' Narcissism' via Google.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

All good wishes to you on whatever path you choose.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Hi again sunchild.

Apologies for my flippant humour in my last post.

I felt your situation last night, and it reminded me of how I felt a few years ago. I almost didn't make it myslef, through the hell of unrelenting musical chairs emotions I was spinning in.

As RaRa said, we are not our thoughts, nor are we our behaviours.

My wife is a very wise soul, and last night she berated me (totally unrelated to this) for trying to teach her something, when she asked me for advice. "Just ask people questions, so they can come to their own answers! Don't lecture them!!"

And that really clicked for me...and I'm actually really good at asking questions...

So, if you are open to it, restate your problem and I'll ask you questions.

If not, then that's ok too...best of luck on your journey!

Well everybody's gotta have a hobby Sunchild.

Seriously dude you need to get over yourself.

The world doesn't revolve around how bad you feel and only you can deal with that.

Bleating about your woes on here aint gonna mend anything.

that's part of the emptiness. i don't enjoy any of the crafts/hobbies that i used to. i feel very detached. oftentimes i feel this unshakeable mental dullness, that settled in after my habits/identity/interests started falling away.

i am over myself, that's part of why i made my original post.

i'm well aware the world doesn't revolve around me, i'm not so juvenile as to hold a solipsistic worldview.

when i made my original post, i made sure to include the tag "venting".

i didn't ask to be born in america.

• Like 1

Well America is your karma this time around man.

Have you thought about doing some voluntary work overseas?

Vietnam is as cheap as chips for living costs and there's always voluntary work to be had over there for Americans willing to do it.

Nice place too.

http://www.volunteervietnam.org/projects/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=volunteervietnam&gclid=CK3KzNKkjb4CFWsTwwodQ30AeQ

You're young enough yet to have some fun and adventures whilst maybe doing a bit of good for others less fortunate than yourself.

The payback is that you'll begin to feel a lot better about yourself too.

All good luck to you whatever you decide.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

that's part of the emptiness. i don't enjoy any of the crafts/hobbies that i used to. i feel very detached. oftentimes i feel this unshakeable mental dullness, that settled in after my habits/identity/interests started falling away.

Very common in creative people. It scared me and made me depressed when I lost my passion for music because it's all I knew.

But I wasn't as ill as I thought I was. I was just freaking out ... but didn't realise at the time that I was transforming...changing.

Art heals...and if there is no space for the art anymore, it moves us on to the next stage of our lives.

The music isn't dead for me...just refined. I don't need it like I needed it before to escape. That is leads me to...

• Like 1

Well America is your karma this time around man.

Have you thought about doing some voluntary work overseas?

Vietnam is as cheap as chips for living costs and there's always voluntary work to be had over there for Americans willing to do it.

Nice place too.

http://www.volunteervietnam.org/projects/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=volunteervietnam&gclid=CK3KzNKkjb4CFWsTwwodQ30AeQ

You're young enough yet to have some fun and adventures whilst maybe doing a bit of good for others less fortunate than yourself.

The payback is that you'll begin to feel a lot better about yourself too.

All good luck to you whatever you decide.

@Sunchild ... Moving on...maybe you need to move on? Or at least take some time out to put your life into perspective.

Every now and then I run away. It always teaches me more and more about myself.

• Like 3