Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Hypnosis Media to aid Visualization and Meditation Ability

I was wondering if using self-hypnosis mp3 to improve visualization and also meditation ability.

When you think how the subconscious has a powerful influence over our concentration, such media might be beneficial.

What if we just slept with them at the end of the day after having done all our daily Chi Kung, Tai Chi and Meditative practices. Maybe it might make them better.

For instance I've seen threads where people have difficulty visualizing. May be such self-hypnosis would benefit them as well. Obviously, nothing can be better than doing the practice itself to improve practice. But as an aid I have been wondering about this lately.

Anyone have experience using self-hypnosis to improve concentration, visualization and mediation? If so, would appreciate any online links and insights to your experience.

Regards,

Mike

Auto suggestion is a powerful tool.

High suggestibility combined with pragmatic epistemology.

Make yourself believe what it is useful for you to believe.

The subconscious itself is a mystery.

It may be a mass mind or something even more profound.

Through access to the sub and supra conscious mind(s) the adept may access a control layer.

I was wondering if using self-hypnosis mp3 to improve visualization and also meditation ability.

When you think how the subconscious has a powerful influence over our concentration, such media might be beneficial.

What if we just slept with them at the end of the day after having done all our daily Chi Kung, Tai Chi and Meditative practices. Maybe it might make them better.

For instance I've seen threads where people have difficulty visualizing. May be such self-hypnosis would benefit them as well. Obviously, nothing can be better than doing the practice itself to improve practice. But as an aid I have been wondering about this lately.

Anyone have experience using self-hypnosis to improve concentration, visualization and mediation? If so, would appreciate any online links and insights to your experience.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike in my humble opinion we are all in a state of hypnosis currently. We describe the world to ourselves pretty much constantly with our internal chatter and so altering this trance to our advantage, to bring us more balance can only be a good thing as long as we have clear intentions and don't loose sight of our goal. However perhaps the right words are important?

Robert Bruce in his book Astral Dynamics teaches visualisation techniques and makes quite an interesting point regarding it. He says (of the top of my head) that the word 'visualisation' can often be a hurdle to the process of visualisation as in makes it sound like it is purely a visual thing and he says if you have trouble maybe use the word 'imagination' which does not have the same single sensory connotations.

Add to this what Waysun Liao says in his book 'Tao:The Way Of God'. He says that each sense distorts reality in differently amounts and thus the source of information you receive when examining your 'TE' has different degrees of distortion. He lists the senses in this ordered from most distorting to least distorting.

Thinking (very distorted)

Seeing

Hearing

Taste

Smell

Feeling

Chi

TE (no distortion)

As you can see from his perspective 'seeing' is at the top and so very distorted and thus not involving the real person (Te) so maybe people should not try and 'visualise' but 'image' and 'feel' and they would have better results. My own feelings concur that feeling is much deeper and more involving and immersive.

Chunyi Lin has 'passwords' which are basically in my understanding small hypnosis scripts. His passwords are like this 'all my channels are open open open' or 'I am in the universe and the universe is in me'. He's does stress that the most important thing is to go into 'emptiness' though.

So in summary I think hypnosis can be of use because if your going to think its better to make a choice and make it constructive for you if you can, but the goal (my goal) is emptiness which is of course is very full!

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this