Sign in to follow this  
steve

An Experiment in Buddhist Discussion

How do you become lucid and are there further benefits of it?

In night-time dreams? Or the samsaric dream?

Are you sure our Nature of Mind is just like dreaming?

:)

I may not have expressed myself well but no, I don't mean to equate dreaming with the Nature of Mind.

I meant to compare the process of awakening in the night-time dream to awakening in the daytime (samsaric) dream.

As I think about it there are many levels and subtleties that could be explored.

For example, looking at awakening in vs awakening from, and what that means and so on…

I think there is an analogy there of some value but take all that with a grain of salt - my own dreaming practice is in its infancy.

In night-time dreams? Or the samsaric dream?

I may not have expressed myself well but no, I don't mean to equate dreaming with the Nature of Mind.

I meant to compare the process of awakening in the night-time dream to awakening in the daytime (samsaric) dream.

As I think about it there are many levels and subtleties that could be explored.

For example, looking at awakening in vs awakening from, and what that means and so on…

I think there is an analogy there of some value but take all that with a grain of salt - my own dreaming practice is in its infancy.

Dream yoga is a particularly powerful technique ...Dusum Khyenpa the 1st Karmapa (among others) attained realisation through it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this