Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Thought I would share this with you all. Don't pop on this forum that much as I have three little people four and under so am quite busy. But in my humble opinion this is very much worth a watch.

The power of belief is pretty amazing and we probably know much less than the half of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKG1lgI4zIk

∞

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 5

I'll check out it out later but would like to mention that my mother worked to retirement age for pharmaceutical companies (started out as one local company, which got bought by a bigger firm which in turn got swallowed up by the multinational pharmaceutical Borg aka Pfizer) and most of her time was in 'Regulatory Affairs'. She sat in essence in between the researchers and the FDA. She compiled research into a form acceptable to the FDA and also prepared the responses from the FDA to the researchers.

So she saw everything.

She's a fount of insider information regarding the pharmaceutical industry but, specifically relating to this thread, she can confirm that the placebo effect is a much, much bigger hurdle to get over for the industry than they'll ever admit publicly. And, more importantly, they has been solid research done to find the roots of this 'problem'. It's highly probable that they could pretty easily help people heal themselves of many many chronic conditions with only the power of the mind; they have entire libraries of studies devoted to the subject - BUT YOU CAN'T PATENT THOUGHTS.

You also can't patent naturally-occurring lifeforms i.e. plants. And that's the problem. The 'Big Pharm' executives aren't concerned with developing effective medications; they're simply playing the patent game. It's not much different than speculative investments, or gambling. Their prerogatives lie in developing substances that are unique enough to be patented, and after that is fulfilled, they'll look for or invent a condition that the substance can be used to counteract.

• Like 3

I'll check out it out later but would like to mention that my mother worked to retirement age for pharmaceutical companies (started out as one local company, which got bought by a bigger firm which in turn got swallowed up by the multinational pharmaceutical Borg aka Pfizer) and most of her time was in 'Regulatory Affairs'. She sat in essence in between the researchers and the FDA. She compiled research into a form acceptable to the FDA and also prepared the responses from the FDA to the researchers.

So she saw everything.

She's a fount of insider information regarding the pharmaceutical industry but, specifically relating to this thread, she can confirm that the placebo effect is a much, much bigger hurdle to get over for the industry than they'll ever admit publicly. And, more importantly, they has been solid research done to find the roots of this 'problem'. It's highly probable that they could pretty easily help people heal themselves of many many chronic conditions with only the power of the mind; they have entire libraries of studies devoted to the subject - BUT YOU CAN'T PATENT THOUGHTS.

You also can't patent naturally-occurring lifeforms i.e. plants. And that's the problem. The 'Big Pharm' executives aren't concerned with developing effective medications; they're simply playing the patent game. It's not much different than speculative investments, or gambling. Their prerogatives lie in developing substances that are unique enough to be patented, and after that is fulfilled, they'll look for or invent a condition that the substance can be used to counteract.

Not much money to be made curing, or preventing... but treating?

Loads of cash there.

Big pharma is sick and could use a dose of real medicine.

Those big corporations, pharmaceuticals and mosanto and their like are modern day cannibals feeding of other people but kind of worse as they are grooming and farming them too.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this