adept

Feeling A Little Lost.

Ah - okay. I think I get a little bit more what he meant, but I still disagree. Even if he doesn't ask for things like money and a hot wife and a big house, he still has to ask for things from God: the very ability to do something for God requires asking for his grace, because "apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

(At any rate I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still misunderstanding the point, so I apologize if I still am!)

Just to give you a little more perspective on this, God does not demand anything from a "Christian". Only certain sects, if you will, will require certain prayers and such.

In the end, it is the hearts longing for the infinite, that can only be satisfied by "God" that is the true prayer. Sure it is ok to ask for things, help, healing, courage,.....

And you can substitute "Dao" The One, Diving Creator, Whatever is responsible for the creation, your creation.....for "God".

Even the Lords Prayer: and I am doing just parts here:

Our Father who art in Heaven -- relationship is father to child

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven --the desire to be in harmony with Heaven (the way)

Give us this day our daily bread -- acknowledge that we are fully dependent in being

and forgive us...as we forgive -- no comment needed

and so on

not so complicated really.

Just stay out of the trap of ingrained and rigid beliefs.

peace :)

Just to give you a little more perspective on this, God does not demand anything from a "Christian". Only certain sects, if you will, will require certain prayers and such.

In the end, it is the hearts longing for the infinite, that can only be satisfied by "God" that is the true prayer. Sure it is ok to ask for things, help, healing, courage,.....

And you can substitute "Dao" The One, Diving Creator, Whatever is responsible for the creation, your creation.....for "God".

Even the Lords Prayer: and I am doing just parts here:

Our Father who art in Heaven -- relationship is father to child

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven --the desire to be in harmony with Heaven (the way)

Give us this day our daily bread -- acknowledge that we are fully dependent in being

and forgive us...as we forgive -- no comment needed

and so on

not so complicated really.

Just stay out of the trap of ingrained and rigid beliefs.

peace :)

*Bows* Thank you for your perspective friend and taking the time to answer - I am a beginner in everything, so I often need more perspective :lol:

Blessings,

D

Ah - okay. I think I get a little bit more what he meant, but I still disagree. Even if he doesn't ask for things like money and a hot wife and a big house, he still has to ask for things from God: the very ability to do something for God requires asking for his grace, because "apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

(At any rate I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still misunderstanding the point, so I apologize if I still am!)

Going on the idea that what the Christian's believe is actually true.

What if they did have a divine intervention and simply learned that actually no, he didn't NEED God, and that whole idea withing he religion was a misunderstanding...

He may well see himself as a Christian, but that's because that angle is all he knows. But that's not to say he will need to follow a preconceived idea following his experience.

Edited by Rara