Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Missed a day

Last Sunday I didn't do my standing practice. This was the first day I didn't do it in about sixteen months.

Of course there were reasons. I was at Glastonbury festival, the whole site was a foot deep in mud and it was pissing with rain and during the quiet time when there might have been few enough people about I had to do my stewarding shift. Still, I could have fitted it in somehow.

But you know what? It doesn't matter. I started again yesterday and did it today and I'm going to carry on doing it. Unless I don't.

I fear I'm not really articulating how it feels. Initially this practice was the rock upon which I was founded and had I missed a day a year ago I would have wasted a lot of time punishing myself. And so it's good and quite surprising to find that it's just OK. Feel like I grew up a tiny tiny bit along the way.

That's all. Thanks for listening.

Last Sunday I didn't do my standing practice.

congrats! :)

They say that what you build, especially the very important things, and especially the ones you worked your hardest with and put your heart in - they are the very things we have to drop and forget and destroy at some point...

I'm pretty good at the droping away thing - not so great on the building thing - and in that regard you're still my hero ^_^

I have intentionally started standing only 5 days a week-basically taking weekends off-if that makes you feel any better :)

Sign in to follow this