BaguaKicksAss

Biophotons: The Human Body Emits, Communicates with, and is Made from Light

How awesome is this? :D

Increasingly science agrees with the poetry of direct human experience: we are more than the atoms and molecules that make up our bodies, but beings of light as well. Biophotons are emitted by the human body, can be released through mental intention, and may modulate fundamental processes within cell-to-cell communication and DNA.

Full article here:

http://www.healthyaeon.com/2013/07/biophotons-human-body-emits.html#.UqANLeJ-49s

(and thanks to Allan Pittman for finding this article).

• Like 4

I've had a long term nagging suspicion that light is awareness/consciousness.

So simple and beautiful, it boggles my mind into a lovely stupor when I sit with it.

• Like 2

I guess it goes without saying that we should be cautious of articles in new agey/popular type e-magazines which take bits and pieces from different 'scientific studies' of unknown quality, where they mix and match these bits and pieces and layer on their own interpretations on top of various excerpts. For example, the bit in the title of the article about the human body being 'made of light' has no basis at all in any of the referenced studies that I can see. :) Also, what is being discussed is ultra-weak biophoton emissions, which should help to put things in perspective. Many or even most of the studies may be sound, but you would really have to look into each individual study in detail and have some expertise in the subject being discussed to really be able to evaluate each individual study and really understand what those studies are discussing in a meaningful way. All that aside, it is interesting. Not all that much different from the concept that our bodies also have weak electrical and electromagnetic activity going on as well due to chemical/nervous activity in the body.

Here is a video on a test that was done on a chi kung practitioner of some type attempting to emit higher than normal levels of biophotons into some lab test equipment designed for measuring photon emission. I think we should be careful to differentiate between what is said by the people who were actually conducting the test from the person who participated in the test, although the participant's comments are interesting as well to get her perspective on what was happening compared to the test results. The reason being that even though it might often be unintentional, people very often do tend to misinterpret things they do not fully understand, and sometimes people consciously or unconsciously 'reinterpret' things for their own purposes as well. In my opinion, even though this was just one test, this test is pretty interesting if you listen to what those who conducted the test had to say about the results. To put the results more into perspective however, it would be helpful to know how much biophoton emission varies depending on body temperature and temperature of the hands. For example, a person who can use intention to increase the temperature of their hands at will to some extent might increase biophoton emission from their hands to some degree or other, but it wouldn't necessarily have to do with chi. All that aside, I sometimes do 'see' little bursts of light coming from parts of my body especially when I am doing stillness qigong or meditation, and it is interesting that these bursts of light that I sometimes 'see' might possibly be detectable as photon emissions by very sensitive equipment.

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 1

This reminds me of something I read in Lynne McTaggart's book The Field. Although it's a somewhat controversial publication as well, she discusses studies of the photon emissions from the human body. An interesting read.

• Like 2

I can't find the quote right now, but reminds me of JAJ saying that the healing qi is comprised of light and sound. I was hoping that mainstream folks were starting to get towards accepting such things finally ;).

It's cool where this stuff pops up. I like that rather than being part of a religion/philosophy which seems less an less practical and possible the more we learn about the nature of things through science, ours regularly gets proven right. Oh....maybe those crazy Asians/natives etc weren't so crazy after all...

This came in an email from an accomplishes banjo player, singer/songwriter a month or so ago:

"poetry and music are high endeavors [perhaps the highest]. i've considered giving up so many times[for surely i know the 10,000 ways to fail] that i've come to just embrace that as another feeling and not worry about it too much and keep going. there's a light. beyond everything we see is a beautiful light. it's obscured but it's always there. vibration. light. grace. forgiveness. earth. flower dog water beach. see you out there somewhere, i'll have a banjo, a backpack, and a suitcase."

• Like 1

I can't find the quote right now, but reminds me of JAJ saying that the healing qi is comprised of light and sound. I was hoping that mainstream folks were starting to get towards accepting such things finally ;).

It's all interesting stuff for sure. When scientists speak about light and measuring biophotons, they are typically talking about light in the range of infrared to ultraviolet. When a qigong practitioner talks about perceiving qi as light, we should understand that they are talking about their internal perception of qi as light or color, and this does not at all necessarily translate directly to actual measurable light in the range of infrared to ultraviolet. It is more likely that what is perceived as different colors of light in regards to qi in the mind's eye does not have a direct correspondence to actual measurable light in the infrared to ultraviolet range, although there could be a connection of some sort there.

According to the studies mentioned in the article, the body apparently does emit very weak photons of light in various ways, but this is very low level emissions and would not seem to correspond directly to qi, which in an accomplished qigong practitioner can be very highly energetic. It does seem that when a person is emitting qi that there are various measurable physical effects that can happen such as increased photon emission, or emission of energetic particles and apparently other measurable physical effects as well, but what qi actually is itself appears to be something beyond the various individual physical effects that can occur or be measured with instruments. In other words, qi can apparently cause various measurable or observable physical effects, but what qi is itself seems to be as yet not understood. :)

Edited by NotVoid

In regards to the video I posted above of the test where some people at the Rhine Research Center used some sensitive lab grade measurement equipment to measure photon emissions from a qigong practitioner, here is a link to the Rhine Research Center in case anyone is interested.

http://www.rhine.org

They are located in Durham, NC. Finding ways to demonstrate qi in a tangible way is generally not so easy, so this photon emission measurement test looks potentially quite promising.

Edited by NotVoid